Typhon 100 mph 6s Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@jondilly1974 was saying that to get to 100, you need a lower spur tooth count than you can get for a standard Arrma 6s center dif. Stock is 50t I think and you could swap that out for 46t from an Infraction. That'll let you squeeze up to about a 25t pinion on the stock motor mount. To get a better ratio, you need to swap out the center dif and add a spool. The Arrma Limitless spool drops right in and comes with a 34t spur. Now your center is locked and you have even power to front and rear. That smaller spool allows you to crank up the tooth count on the pinion which in turn provides a better ratio for speed. It might act strange at low speeds, possibly even cog, but you need these closer to one to one ratios to get the most out of the motor.

I was looking to build a spool but its like $80 when the V2 spool at JRC is $50 but that requires a new rear driveshaft.

SPOOL SHAFT #ARA310943 $11.99
SPOOL SPACER SET #ARA714000 $6.99
SPOOL GEAR, 34T MOD1 8MM BORE #ARA310944 $18.99
(2) INPUT SHAFT CUP 7X18MM # ARAC5062 $17.99 each
DRIVESHAFT END LOCKING PINS #ARAC4048 $4.99

I'll just likely try a 29p with a 46 or 50 spur. But im expecting a fire.

I was looking to build a spool but its like $80 when the V2 spool at JRC is $50 but that requires a new rear driveshaft.

Hard to beat Jenny's (y)

I got my spool off ebay. Not put together for 50 bucks with the spur gear tooth of your choice. I won't say it's the best since it's definitely not. But it's working for now. I don't think the metal is best that he used.

Esc wasn't crazy hot when I had the locked up 46t diff in it with the 19t pinion. But was only doing 1-2 passes then chill for a little.

I got my spool off ebay. Not put together for 50 bucks with the spur gear tooth of your choice. I won't say it's the best since it's definitely not. But it's working for now. I don't think the metal is best that he used.

Esc wasn't crazy hot when I had the locked up 46t diff in it with the 19t pinion. But was only doing 1-2 passes then chill for a little.

Dude, the new V2 spool kit at JRC is the best deal. I passed on my notice they have them back in.
I passed because im trying to act like im being attended to even though I'm not. Its called being responsible and its no fun.

But the weather is getting cold now. Leaves will be everywhere soon followed by snow.
Im keeping the Buggy Brothers Winter Boots on, the roads will be a mess with salt by November.
The LWB Typhon is getting Limitless towers and shocks with a center spool in the Spring!
And who knows, might just buy a Limitless V2 instead.
Spring seems so far away.

Legit just bought it. They've been out of stock forever. Thanks for the reminder!

You know what part No. the rear shaft is since I'll need that too now?

Screenshot_20221006-210714_Chrome.jpg

Done the V2 Pinocchio spool in my Typhon with lwb chassis

Front and rear axle are 102mm front limitless v1 shaft's

DSC_3909.JPG

I have a Love/Hate relationship with them. I love them, my wallet doesn't!

So what size Rear Driveshafts do I need for a LWB (Kraton) and a XLWB (mojave) chassis?
Lol 🤣

You need two 102mm front shaft for front and rear with Kraton lwb chassis

Was trying to get the limitless spool on the typhon. Maybe I needed the V1 limitless spool? No idea actually. Its ordered from Jenny's.

Cant find a V1 spool for under $80 and you can build on for the same price.

At $50 for the V2 spool at JRC plus a shaft, the cost is the same but the shorter shaft is said to be more stable with the V2.

Cant find a V1 spool for under $80 and you can build on for the same price.

At $50 for the V2 spool at JRC plus a shaft, the cost is the same but the shorter shaft is said to be more stable with the V2.
My man at my LHS can't even find one so he printed me the blow up to find the parts and built it myself if I choose.

Flopak RC doesn't seems to have any that'll fit a non stretched Typhon 6s.

Jennys RC rep Ted said he's not sure about the rear shaft needed if I choose a Limitless V2 spool. He gave me all the shaft sizes and it's up to me to make it work or find a different route.

From Jennys rep:

""The Typhon 6s Front & Rear shafts are 116mm front, 82mm rear
The Infraction 6s Front & Rear shafts ares 102mm front 168mm rear
The Limitless Front & Rear shafts are both 116mm""

My man at my LHS can't even find one so he printed me the blow up to find the parts and built it myself if I choose.

Flopak RC doesn't seems to have any that'll fit a non stretched Typhon 6s.

Jennys RC rep Ted said he's not sure about the rear shaft needed if I choose a Limitless V2 spool. He gave me all the shaft sizes and it's up to me to make it work or find a different route.

From Jennys rep:

""The Typhon 6s Front & Rear shafts are 116mm front, 82mm rear
The Infraction 6s Front & Rear shafts ares 102mm front 168mm rear
The Limitless Front & Rear shafts are both 116mm""
You can run the original Limitless spool

https://www.flopackrc.com/product-page/arrma-spool-speedrun-34t-spurgear-or-40t-drag-race-spurgear

The whole purpose of the new design or Pinnochio setup is if you have a long dogbone in the rear on the long chassis. That is not an issue on the regular Typhon chassis. Plus with how the motor sits slightly at an angle you need the dog bones to stay the way they are.

1665165613477.png

I must have missed that spool on there. My apologies.

Now that I think of it...with th3 34t cheaper spool I have now and the 25t and 29t pinions I have to mate with it... the 29t was making my esc cut out and the 25t wouldn't meet the spool with the stock motor mount unless I'm looking at it all wrong. The 29t pinion mated with the 34t spool was at the end of the travel for the stock mount, so the 25 tooth wouldn't mesh probably. As you said in an earlier post, the 27 is the sweet spot. I might have to grab that pinion tooth count.

I have an 8s Spektrum esc from my K8 sitting on my bench. I'm going to try that in it to see if I can get that 100mph as I think the 150amp rsc is cutting out. Trying not to buy another set of electronics.

You need one that is 52mm, Arrma does not have that
But why a long spool on a short chassis
^^^ +1
I said the same to myself. The V1 lim "Short Spool" would simplify things perhaps. And should suffice.
Then you could use the stock center shaft setup for the respective chassis.
Only the Lim chassis benefits mostly with that longer spool. This V2 longer spool solved the Lim rear shaft's oscillation issue by using a too very long rear center shaft.
Longer V2 spool makes the V2 Rear Driveshaft shorter now. (y) The fix exclusively for the Lim/Infr/Fel chassis'.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back