Typhon 100 mph 6s Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ineed it would good sir.

I have all the part No.s for the v1 spool after a visit to my LHS.

Jennys doesn't sell the Va spool andymorw and wont get them per their rep.

i cant find one online that is put together or a kit either. I ordered the V2 spool from Jenny's but canceled it due to needing to get a certain rear shaft and or just stretch my chassis.
^^^ +1
I said the same to myself. The V1 lim spool would simplify things perhaps. And should suffice.
Then you could use a stock center shaft setup for the respective chassis.

I must have missed that spool on there. My apologies.

Now that I think of it...with th3 34t cheaper spool I have now and the 25t and 29t pinions I have to mate with it... the 29t was making my esc cut out and the 25t wouldn't meet the spool with the stock motor mount unless I'm looking at it all wrong. The 29t pinion mated with the 34t spool was at the end of the travel for the stock mount, so the 25 tooth wouldn't mesh probably. As you said in an earlier post, the 27 is the sweet spot. I might have to grab that pinion tooth count.

I have an 8s Spektrum esc from my K8 sitting on my bench. I'm going to try that in it to see if I can get that 100mph as I think the 150amp rsc is cutting out. Trying not to buy another set of electronics.

I put the link above to the flopack v1 spool setup. That would be best.

From memory 27/34 is the minimum. Basically, the minimum is 61t.
I believe you can go up to 72 ish?

The Arrma 6s esc will choke around 94-98 mph. The 8s ESC we have seen people get into the 110-118 range.

Honestly, you will have to bite the bullet and go with Castle if you want to go any faster than that.

I certainly will be biting the bullet after this! HAHA. Typhon 6s esc toasted. Melted and smoked. Took it out of the car and hook up a battery to finish it off. Salvaged the fan and bullet connections.

Luckily I have an extra 8s system on the bench from my K8. Esc doesn't really fit the space though.

Happy Friday guys!

20221007_172357.jpg

16651780002978048652673491591586.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back