Infraction 100mph backflip. How should i set suspension?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejwk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
So I finally got a my car out and did a couple 90mph passes and noticed the front end was lifting a little, so I lowered the front and went up in the rear a little. Seemed better so I went for a faster pass and probably at 105 maybe she did a beautiful backflip haha. No worries just some scratches and rear axle popped out. Anyways went home and did some more tuning and basically put the front suspension all the way down and rear up quite a bit but the front is on the ground now and has basically no travel. Just wondering if I should just run it like that and let the foam peice grind down a little naturally, and also should I just remove the wing? You can tell on the body that the wing has too much downforce and just pushed the ass end all the way down. If anyone's got some suggestions before my next run, let me know because that was at under 75% throttle so she's gonna hit 120+. Also it's got the kraton 8s electronics in it so it's pretty heavy in the front which I thought would be enough.

20210729_225459.jpg

20210729_225710.jpg

20210720_233912.jpg

Rear definitely needs to come up a bit and make sure your rear shocks are tightened all the way down to help prevent squat. May even have to install some tubing for a bump stop to limit or eliminate rear travel. And make sure your throttle pull is nice and smooth as a hard pull will cause the hard squat causing the rear to drop and front to pick up causing the blow over. For the wing you'll need it or you'll have no down force at all and your rear end will be all over the place so I'd suggest maybe trimming the back lip down a bit if anything.

Rear definitely needs to come up a bit and make sure your rear shocks are tightened all the way down to help prevent squat. May even have to install some tubing for a bump stop to limit or eliminate rear travel. And make sure your throttle pull is nice and smooth as a hard pull will cause the hard squat causing the rear to drop and front to pick up causing the blow over. For the wing you'll need it or you'll have no down force at all and your rear end will be all over the place so I'd suggest maybe trimming the back lip down a bit if anything.
So i shouldent worry about having suspension at that speed. Cause with the front like that there's no travel and if I put a bump stop, with downforce obviously no travel.

So i shouldent worry about having suspension at that speed. Cause with the front like that there's no travel and if I put a bump stop, with downforce obviously no travel.
No you want as little to no travel at all especially in the rear. Some of the best out there don't even use shock springs at all and have suspension set completely solid so there's absolutely no movement. A little bit in front is ok but very minimal at most.

Also additional comment to what already mentioned above. I would suggest to do a low cell pass (3s,4s), something not too fast and controllable(not crashing) that can give you enough feeling how the car acts on a complete pass because the body you have might give you too much downforce already for the front this way you can adjust accordingly how low you should set your front suspension. That rear wing though you might wanna trim it a little bit more because beyond 100mph it will cause you flip 100% unless you put weights on your front.

Here I've tested some

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back