Limitless 100mph club. Still disappointed. (Video link)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streetsports

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
Fist of all I would like to apologize for the video quality. Or rather the operator quality. I havnt uploaded a video in 9 years.

The setup is kraton 8s electronics with 4x protek 4100mah 120c 4s packs. For 8200mah 8s total. The road I ran on is poor quality and not long enough but I promise I'm hunting for a better one.

As the car was passing by me I punched the throttle and all 4 broke loose kicking the car into a partial sideways angle. It sorta floated across the concrete until it caught traction and shot off the road. Not sure why the video is backwards (mirrored) either. gopro 7 black and a head mount is on the grocery list.

I need more road and gearing. Motor was 108 and esc was 95 and I think it was 275mah used.

Last edited:
“Only a hundred...”
The disappointment in your voice was hilarious! ???

Keep’em coming Bro!
That was great. ?

Congrats on hitting 100!
I have run into that scenario where the car is approaching and you realize "I am no where near full throttle yet"
It takes some practice, but try to get on the throttle a little more aggressively up till the 75% throttle point. From there get more gentle as that is where the big power really comes on. Ideally I am full throttle by the time it reaches me and then hold that for a few seconds and begin braking.

A massive adrenaline rush all created over a 10-15 second run! :love:
The speed addiction is real!!!!
I'd be disappointed if my RCs only went in straight lines for short bursts.
To each their own. This hobby would be boring if 100% of us all did exactly the same thing. All my cars only go straight!

What size pinion are you using?
34 with a 29 spool gear.
I'd be disappointed if my RCs only went in straight lines for short bursts.
20200214_220634.jpg

A couple of those turn pretty sharp.

Firstly I wouldn't take that phone as accurate because the GPS refresh rate is too low imho at around 1Hz (once per second).
With a decent speed meter giving you a refresh rate of around 10Hz (ten times per second) you might actually find that you've gone faster than you thought but the GPS just wasn't keeping up.
FYI in case you don't know the refresh rate AKA update rate is how often a GPS module calculates & reports it's position which in turn allows it to calculate speed.

With regards to your crash that's one of the more common ways people actually do crash doing speed runs and I've done that myself before now. You really need to be progressive on the throttle, ...I'd try to practice a more slow and continuous pull on your trigger until you're at full throttle.
If you can get that part nailed it'll be so much easier for you in the long run. Best of luck, it's an awesome thing doing speed runs and I love it. (y)

Firstly I wouldn't take that phone as accurate because the GPS refresh rate is too low imho at around 1Hz (once per second).
With a decent speed meter giving you a refresh rate of around 10Hz (ten times per second) you might actually find that you've gone faster than you thought but the GPS just wasn't keeping up.
FYI in case you don't know the refresh rate AKA update rate is how often a GPS module calculates & reports it's position which in turn allows it to calculate speed.

With regards to your crash that's one of the more common ways people actually do crash doing speed runs and I've done that myself before now. You really need to be progressive on the throttle, ...I'd try to practice a more slow and continuous pull on your trigger until you're at full throttle.
If you can get that part nailed it'll be so much easier for you in the long run. Best of luck, it's an awesome thing doing speed runs and I love it. (y)
What is the "go to" model of gps these days? I know garmin but I'm not sure of which garmin.

What is the "go to" model of gps these days? I know garmin but I'm not sure of which garmin.
Depends on your budget.
I use a Dynamite GPS which has a refresh rate of 10Hz and is around £100 ($120+) depending on where you shop.

The Garmins that I know of with 10Hz refresh rates that are well used by speed runners are the "Forerunner" models (201/301). These are good as you can buy them used which could save you a lot of cash if you're lucky.
They were designed with joggers/runners in mind but still do the job and are very accurate.

Another option is the SKY RC speed meter model GSM-015 (adjustable refresh rate up to 10Hz), ...these are far cheaper at around £50 ($60+) new and tbh aren't much different from the Dynamite at least in size, weight, functionality and even the downloadable computer data logger it has available.

There are other options available that others use such as cycling related GPS as well as other jogging/running GPS meters but I don't know much about them or their refresh rates.

Gonna be in the 50's here the next couple of days. I'm think I'm going to test my Limitless.

-OR NOT-

My hip is really acting up today, so I'm not headed out with it. Might do a run up and down the street in front of the house, but one of the neighbors is moving, and the cul-de-sac is pretty crowded with cars and trucks.

Oh, well.....I'll go play with my new HobbyWing ESC program box, and double check all the bits on the Limitless.....

Last edited:
I bought the little SkyRC unit after hearing what others have said about it. It appears to work just fine from driving around in my car. It's not real sensitive as GPS units go, but if it has "clear sky", it works OK.

Now if my hip would settle down, I'd drag it all out while we're having some nice. clear, dry 50* weather!

I bought the little SkyRC unit after hearing what others have said about it. It appears to work just fine from driving around in my car. It's not real sensitive as GPS units go, but if it has "clear sky", it works OK.

Now if my hip would settle down, I'd drag it all out while we're having some nice. clear, dry 50* weather!
I think you are hearing about the older unit. The new one is the same as the Dynamite unit from the looks of the screen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back