Limitless 100mph club. Still disappointed. (Video link)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
??

The one I have is identical to the one in the eBay listing, and I bought it from GoNitro. I'm sure it's the same unit.
There used to be a GSM-010 and it had a slower refresh rate. I think it looked the same.

CONGRATS! I'm hoping to try my 34 and 29 in my Kraton 6s on sunday... supposed to be in 55-60 degree range!
Fyi some notes from my Kraton 6s
Grp 1/8 tires
Nero blx 75mm springs.
Stock esc and motor
34t spool
37t pinion
94.5 mph with trimmed wing.
96.1 mph no wing
(Kraton has 10/43 diffs versus typhon/limitless/Infraction 13/43 diffs so requires more gearing)

Fyi some notes from my Kraton 6s
Grp 1/8 tires
Nero blx 75mm springs.
Stock esc and motor
34t spool
37t pinion
94.5 mph with trimmed wing.
96.1 mph no wing
(Kraton has 10/43 diffs versus typhon/limitless/Infraction 13/43 diffs so requires more gearing)
Thanks for info... I'm not trying for 100... as my rig is more just for show and go. It's just a full aluminum hop up for the street...

Congrats, getting an RC car to 100 mph is an accomplishment that most underestimate. I've been practicing and doing speedruns for almost a year now, I've spent a shitload of cash and hard work, and had few big crashes that took more money and work to fix but I'm still learning everyday and I love it. With all that the fastest I have hit is 110mph in my Limitless so I'm still chasing those numbers

There used to be a GSM-010 and it had a slower refresh rate. I think it looked the same.

The refresh rate isn't a the "problem", it's the sensitivity of the GPS receiver and/or antenna. I've got old hand-held GPS units that can get a fix inside the house, and this one can't pick up any satellites unless it's outside. It's not a big problem, but it might cause drop outs if you're running where there's lots of trees over your path.

Not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of.

SO...after experimenting a bit with the GSM-015, it turns out that it will receive the satellites in the house once it has fix from outdoors.

Since this was a brand-new unit, the GPS Almanac and Ephemeris had never been downloaded from the satellites for this area, and now that the tables are up-to-date, it gets the satellites just fine.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back