12mm hex. Does it matter??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
So I have a set of 2.8 badlands but 12mm hex. I run adapters. Don't wanna do that anymore. Ive seen loads of 12mm hex. Does it matter? Is there a certain better or worse. Ive decided I'll have diff sets of tires with diff hex size so easiest switch would be the hex's. Better way?

Another question...is the dx3 transmitter/receiver good? Or is there a diff 6ch trans for comparable price?
I'm not very familiar with it so can't give you help there. My son has one with his Vorteks and I've ran it a few times before I gave it to him and seemed fine though. I'd say I still prefer a Dumbo RC setup better.

I'm not very familiar with it so can't give you help there. My son has one with his Vorteks and I've ran it a few times before I gave it to him and seemed fine though. I'd say I still prefer a Dumbo RC setup better.
Well thats what the next thing I woulda asked lol. U run a dumbo?

Another question...is the dx3 transmitter/receiver good? Or is there a diff 6ch trans for comparable price?

When I used the DX3 for the Infraction/Felony it was a good radio to me....AVC, brake controls, nice feel and knob as well. Most reviews have lean more on the positive with the radio. I do not use it since I have a DX5C now....but I like the radio. Again I am just bashing not speedrunning for distance so I cannot speak to its range...when I had it the Infraction was so far away to not feel safe and I still had control...but again no speed run...

When I used the DX3 for the Infraction/Felony it was a good radio to me....AVC, brake controls, nice feel and knob as well. Most reviews have lean more on the positive with the radio. I do not use it since I have a DX5C now....but I like the radio. Again I am just bashing not speedrunning for distance so I cannot speak to its range...when I had it the Infraction was so far away to not feel safe and I still had control...but again no speed run...
Right on. I'm no speed head. Just mostly want option for lights or other optional fun items. 😆. And avc interests me also.

Pretty satisfied with the dx3 here, I use it to bash a Mojave, with some lights running off channel 3.
I hear some people complain about it reacting slow, I don't notice it with my kinda driving but maybe the speedrunners do.

Pretty satisfied with the dx3 here, I use it to bash a Mojave, with some lights running off channel 3.
I hear some people complain about it reacting slow, I don't notice it with my kinda driving but maybe the speedrunners do.
I have the added bonus of not knowing enough to know different 🤣. Meaning ive only used what I own. Stock big rock stuff. Its surely better than the slt3?

Back