Senton 12mm or 17mm wheel hex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsurf34

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Senton 6s
I cant decide what size hexs to to run on a mega senton any suggestions thanks

17s would be better more tire options and a less stripped rims

Are there drawbacks from running bigger tires, such as more wear on parts, motor, esc or throwing things out of alignment? e.g. the 12mm Proline SuperSwampers are the same approximate size as the stock tires. The 17mm version is almost 2" wider and taller.

On a Mega Senton, I would run 12mm. Easier and cheaper to get tires that fit and 12mm is plenty for brushed power and will fit under the fender arches. You could also use them on other short course trucks easily. If you were running a powerful brushless monster truck, I'd go 17mm.

Are there drawbacks from running bigger tires, such as more wear on parts, motor, esc or throwing things out of alignment? e.g. the 12mm Proline SuperSwampers are the same approximate size as the stock tires. The 17mm version is almost 2" wider and taller.
You don't always gotta run bigger tires if you have 17mm hexs you can also find 2.8 tires in 17mm or even 1/8 buggy tires work good only 112mm diameter usually

Senton is a short course truck. I'm assuming he wants to run 2.2/3.0" short course tires. There are 17mm short course wheels, but I don't know if you can get the offset right once you space the 17mm hexes out.

Ha I have a mega, what wheel hexes should I use I want 12mm only because I run that on all my cars just like I run deans on all of them too. Thanks mee

Have you considered the slop you will end up with, with the 17mm wheel adapters? It was too much for me...I went to 12mm
Ha I have a mega, what wheel hexes should I use I want 12mm only because I run that on all my cars just like I run deans on all of them too. Thanks mee

People say 17mm because it's stronger but I've only stripped one wheel on 12mm and that was because the but came loose. You didn't say what truck you have but you will probably have more viable options in 12mm over 17mm. My two cents.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back