12mm hex wheels/tires for speed running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hector_Fisher

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton EXB
I won't bore you with the details. I can only get 14mm and 12mm hex wheels for one of my trucks. Long story short, it has 4.7mm axles.

I'm not very hopefully for the 14mm hex category. But perhaps there's something in the 12mm category? Not looking for ultra speed, maybe something good up to 100mph to start for decent breathing room. Rubber preferred over foam for now.

Last edited:
I won't bore you with the details. I can only get 14mm and 12mm hex wheels for one of trucks. Long story short, it has 4.7mm axles.

I'm not very hopefully for the 14mm hex category. But perhaps there's something in the 12mm category? Not looking for ultra speed, maybe something good up to 100mph to start for decent breathing room. Rubber preferred over foam for now.
I run 12mm hex foams on my 4-tec, tires are fairly small diameter wise.

What diameter range are you looking for ?

I run 12mm hex foams on my 4-tec, tires are fairly small diameter wise.

What diameter range are you looking for ?
Currently running tires in the 100mm range, so keeping it in that ballpark to maintain gearing would be ideal. I'm looking to keep it rubber since this build will be somewhat of a street bash / beginner speed runner. If i get into serious speed running, i'll be considering foams for sure.

I found that Jconcepts does some cheetah wheels that come with 12mm and 17mm hex. They look to be about 83mm.
https://jconcepts.net/speed-fangs-belted-premounted-cheetah-wheels
Also trying to figure out if anything from proline in the 12mm range is belted. Their Prime/Street Fighter tires looks interesting, but I can't seem to find out what speed they'd be good up to, and they don't appear to be belted.

Currently running tires in the 100mm range, so keeping it in that ballpark to maintain gearing would be ideal. I'm looking to keep it rubber since this build will be somewhat of a street bash / beginner speed runner. If i get into serious speed running, i'll be considering foams for sure.

I found that Jconcepts does some cheetah wheels that come with 12mm and 17mm hex. They look to be about 83mm.
https://jconcepts.net/speed-fangs-belted-premounted-cheetah-wheels
Also trying to figure out if anything from proline in the 12mm range is belted. Their Prime/Street Fighter tires looks interesting, but I can't seem to find out what speed they'd be good up to, and they don't appear to be belted.
Here's an option but they are 120mm diameter: https://www.amainhobbies.com/duratr...uck-tires-black-2-.5-offset-dtxc5531/p1157322

Hmm, hadn't really considered duratrax stuff as a serious option for speed, just based on the hit or miss reviews i tend to see on them. I probably wouldn't trust them up for too high of speeds, but you think they're worth considering for in the 80 mph range while I experiment with stuff?

120mm shouldn't be a problem at all. That's around the stock tires size, iirc. Was just trying to avoid going smaller than 100mm if possible because of gearing limitations.

I ended up going with a set of the 85mm hoons that I found on a whim for $15 a pair on some lightning deal. Actually bought two sets of 4, since they were so cheap. They are on 14mm to match stock 3s arrma stuff. It'll suck for figuring out gearing (kind of maxed out right now), but will be nice to experiment with.

I haven't found many reviews on the jconcepts speed fangs. The wheels are actually 83mm, the tires look to be about the standard 100mm.
But they are supposedly good up to 100mph, and come with 12mm and 17mm hex adapters. When I get more serious in speed running, I'll get a pair and switch to those.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back