Senton 12mm hubs on my senton 3s blx???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12mcfatl

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I went to my hobby shop and told them I wanted to change to 12mm hubs on my senton 3s bxl I even had the truck with me. They sold me some arrma 12mm hex hubs part number is ar330132 and I get home to put them on and they don't fit. First was the diameter of the center hole so I carefully drilled it out but now the guide pin wont fit into the slot. My question is should I continue with the hackery or is there a better option to doing this?

I believe traxxas makes a 12mm adapter that works on our sentons. I'll try and find the video to get the part number and link

Here's the video. The part number is TRA5353X, it's also in the description of the video

I bought at least 6 different 12mm hex mounts including Traxxas, Arrma, and a bunch of knock offs for my Senton Mega (same shafts as the 3s blx) None of them fit until I finally found the Tekno 12 mm which are perfect! The Tekno 1654x https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QJWTGO?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

These do NOT fit perfectly. the drive pin in them is smaller than the original, so there is freeplay, which will wear either the pin or the axle.

TRA5353X iss 17mm, not 12mm. Even says so in the video title.

These do NOT fit perfectly. the drive pin in them is smaller than the original, so there is freeplay, which will wear either the pin or the axle.

TRA5353X iss 17mm, not 12mm. Even says so in the video title.

That is true the pin is a little loose and maybe by the time you ran through a few hundred batteries there would be a problem. The Tekno 12 mm has set screws that allow you to tighten them on the axle and if you turn them a bit to get the pin tight before you tighten the set screws you can avoid a lot of the movement. After running it hard enough to blow up 2 sets of tires and about 20 packs or so really hard runs I haven't had a problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back