Kraton 12S Kraton/Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanara.kenshin

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 8s
Anyone running 12S on the 1/5 Kraton or outcast. Could you share your set up. Im thinking of going 12S on my Kraton and not sure whats a good set up

Wow, 30 pounds seems like enough weight for 8s rigs. 12s may be over the top. Just the Lipos alone. The arms will break all the time. Shocks and CVD's also.
I don't know of any quality 12s ESC's out there. Most of them go up in flames. ( Think ZTW)

Wow, 30 pounds seems like enough weight for 8s rigs. 12s may be over the top. Just the Lipos alone. The arms will break all the time. Shocks and CVD's also.
I don't know of any quality 12s ESC's out there. Most of them go up in flames. ( Think ZTW)
I think this rig is more like a 12S than an 8S. Xmaxx 20lbs great on 8S for a 30lbs truck. I think 12S is better for the extra torque. Its to heavy to run on 8S and need to use bigger packs to get good run time. I want to go 12s be able to use my 12S heli lipo's. Instead of buying another odd size lipo 9700mah just for the K8S. having 12S/2 6s lipos I can use it both on my 6S cars. Diff can take it maybe not the cvd.

Anyone running 12S on the 1/5 Kraton or outcast. Could you share your set up. Im thinking of going 12S on my Kraton and not sure whats a good set up
Ztw pro 300 review? | ARRMA RC Forum (arrmaforum.com)

I built this over a year ago now. There might be some better electronics available. I used Hobbystar, ZTW's brother in blue. The only way I can describe the power is to imagine a Losi mini on 4s.

IMG_0817.JPG

That motor on mine is 800kv and it delivers stupid amounts of torque. Temps get into the 180’s, 190’s in summer without a fan. 67mph 38T pinion stock spur 12s.
dude, just noticed the "Kung Flu" under your posts...

that 70s show laughing GIF

Incredible power. That's all I can say. 🤷‍♂️
revenge of the sith power GIF by Star Wars
I just see it as running more efficient and easy on the lipo’s.
That motor on mine is 800kv and it delivers stupid amounts of torque. Temps get into the 180’s, 190’s in summer without a fan. 67mph 38T pinion stock spur 12s.
What mah are you using and runtime? Im going with the Leopard 56113 700kv and 30t pinion and 39t spur. To keep it close on my set up. So I don't need a fan. I don't like putting fans on the motors as I always break it on big jumps.

^^^I believe that.
But that chassis/ drivetrain is going to explode:cry::LOL::LOL:

^^^I believe that.
But that chassis/ drivetrain is going to explode:cry::LOL::LOL:
I think I will be okay. Never had issues on drivetrains on my trucks. I guess I learn good throttle control being a good heli pilot. Thats why not many last long on the heli community. It hard and takes a long time to get good on the finger controls.

Panther 6s high C lipo’s get in the 140’s- 150’s, that ESC is hungry! Enjoy 😊
I just see it as running more efficient and easy on the lipo’s.

What mah are you using and runtime? Im going with the Leopard 56113 700kv and 30t pinion and 39t spur. To keep it close on my set up. So I don't need a fan. I don't like putting fans on the motors as I always break it on big jumps.
My math was a dynamite gps:LOL: runtime are in the 15-20 min range all depending on how heavy my finger feels.

Last edited:
I think I will be okay. Never had issues on drivetrains on my trucks. I guess I learn good throttle control being a good heli pilot. Thats why not many last long on the heli community. It hard and takes a long time to get good on the finger controls.

One more thing I'll add, no matter how well you take care of your drivetrain, the torque you have with 12s will eventually twist up a shaft, they look bent when they twist. Guys are twisting them up on 8s, I used to write it off as bad shafts, they obviously had more packs ran through theirs. Mine are all bent up now, looking at Scorched thanks to @SrC

One more thing I'll add, no matter how well you take care of your drivetrain, the torque you have with 12s will eventually twist up a shaft, they look bent when they twist. Guys are twisting them up on 8s, I used to write it off as bad shafts, they obviously had more packs ran through theirs. Mine are all bent up now, looking at Scorched thanks to @SrC
Hard acceleration is the one thats hard on the drivetrain. I see so many raise the punch to max, always full throttle on launch and wheelie. Then complain about drivetrain not holding up. Im not a wheelie kind of guy. Thats why I got the kraton’s. I like going fast so I can launch farther.

The car I built will run sixes all the way up to 12 S I have a Arrma spectrum remote with the 50 75 and 150% is really fun 75% is a little Squirrley on 12 S the weight doesn’t even matter at all I haven’t been jumping it and I’ve only had it out about 10 times with the video van gearing in the hobby wing ESC the car is really smooth and I was really impressed and surprised how well hog the ground you don’t always need all that power but if you want it it’s there like I said I have more fun driving it on 50% or 75% 100 it’s just crazy fun but too hard to control

Yes I am running 12 S on the arm OutKast all the electronics and motor and servos I got it as a roller so I don’t know what the stock ones are running I didn’t think anybody else was crazy enough to do what I did but I can tell you this I’ve only ran it three times in the first time I blew the tires right off second time I was a little more careful didn’t break anything but it is truly uncontrollable which creates a lot of chaos I love it

Yes I am running 12 S on the arm OutKast all the electronics and motor and servos I got it as a roller so I don’t know what the stock ones are running I didn’t think anybody else was crazy enough to do what I did but I can tell you this I’ve only ran it three times in the first time I blew the tires right off second time I was a little more careful didn’t break anything but it is truly uncontrollable which creates a lot of chaos I love it
I built a 12s Kraton 4 years ago, they are nuttier than squirrel 🐿️ poop.

Back