Typhon 130mph+++ stretched typhon SPEEDRUN build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Decided to build a new next level typhon speedcar.got lots of ideas,if anyone knows something I'm trying wont work feel free to correct me.just wanna. Try something ive never seen.AN GO TO THE TOP OF THE OPEN WHEEL LIST!!!!!!!so as of now heres what I got decided into build.
Kraton exb chassis
Xlx2
Been ordering parts,.gotta save some surprises......so mocking up some ideas..@Jondilly1974 do you think this could work at high speed.motor mount swap with mojave rear an typhon front dogbones.not sure how long dogbone would do at high rpms🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

20210508_182745.jpg

20210508_182814.jpg

Decided to build a new next level typhon speedcar.got lots of ideas,if anyone knows something I'm trying wont work feel free to correct me.just wanna. Try something ive never seen.AN GO TO THE TOP OF THE OPEN WHEEL LIST!!!!!!!so as of now heres what I got decided into build.
Kraton exb chassis
Xlx2
Been ordering parts,.gotta save some surprises......so mocking up some ideas..@Jondilly1974 do you think this could work at high speed.motor mount swap with mojave rear an typhon front dogbones.not sure how long dogbone would do at high rpms🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

View attachment 144590

View attachment 144591
Looks nice, and it seems like it should work. What are you going to run, 8s?

I'm the only one with a Stretched 70mph Typhon MEGA. I don't know if i'm on the list yet or if i'm qualified to be on the list. I just got my GRP's today, and my pinion should come Monday.

I'm the only one with a Stretched 70mph Typhon MEGA. I don't know if i'm on the list yet or if i'm qualified to be on the list. I just got my GRP's today, and my pinion should come Monday.
How do you stretch a Typhon Mega?

How do you stretch a Typhon Mega?
Materials needed: old license plate, aluminum bars, hot glue, two drive shafts, super glue etc. You get the point. :ROFLMAO:
Tools needed: sawsall, drill, drill bits, screw drivers.

I cut the chassis in half, bolted a license plate on the bottom, so the two halfs are 110mm apart, and made a brace with a chunk of aluminum. I used the shorter half from another BLX driveshaft, and the red piece from the MEGA slipper clutch. And half a hitch pin.

It's temporary, I have more things to do to make it more stable and stronger and less rednecky, but rednecky stuff is cool..... if it works.

Yes 8s.im always going for pure top speedgot to 130 easily with mmx8s then I had only issues. Learned alot.think I'm ready for next level.my trigger finger sure is..see if it'll be able to put the power down.its 8lb 9 oz w/o packs.bout 11 lbs ready to rock.it'll be fun.thinking bout trying a big can in it

16205201492696169100456032321989.jpg

Yes 8s.im always going for pure top speedgot to 130 easily with mmx8s then I had only issues. Learned alot.think I'm ready for next level.my trigger finger sure is..see if it'll be able to put the power down.its 8lb 9 oz w/o packs.bout 11 lbs ready to rock.it'll be fun.thinking bout trying a big can in it

View attachment 144612
Nice! 8s is a lot of power for a stretched typhon. 6s is already crazy for me lol. Mine is ~8 pounds with 2 5200mah 3s batts.

Hone those cat-like reflexes with the steering input. Open wheel Typhon likes to do its own thing +125mph so be ready. One pass can be straight as an arrow and the next it’s all over the place on the big end of a pass

All in all I've maid probly about 50-60 passes with it an it has stayed strait,above about 70ish it’s like its on rails.its crazy.ive only lost traction an crashed twice both times trying hoons

Okay build is starting over with completely different build .after wrecking other typhon an burnt up a xlx2 ive decided to go a different route...so I ordered a mojave (xlwb) chassis an im going to do a super-stretched typhon with xlx2 an tp5660 1460kv.all parts for build I finished ordering today.ill be useing 13/43 diffs from wrecked typhon.first im tearing down diffs for maintenance an refill diffs with 20 million an some ACER ceramic bearings.
Xlx2, 2×4s packs under a typhon body is a challenge. Longer mojave chassis will give me more room an I expect it to be more stable at speed an putting the massive amounts of power im expecting down.

16214837911542087666594924422638.jpg

1621483963686291022267473663285.jpg

Heres what was going to be the original build for this thread has turned out.she is ready for 1st run after crash.
Exb chassis
Senton 6s suspension
Mmx8s & tp4050cm 2300kv.kinda feeling kinda gun-shy after crazy crash.opened my eyes up more to how dangerous this can be.sound of impact was crazy...sounded exactly like a real car accident.the cause of the accident was caused by front center shaft either bending or to many rpms an started rubbing on servo mount an wires.shorted wires .EVERYONE PROTECT YOUR WIRING.

16214852026487758958258177137957.jpg

16214853342916433036002916080757.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back