Senton 14mm to 17mm hex adapters for Arrma Senton 4x4 BLX 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legotate29

Reaction score
I have an arrma senton 3s blx and I wanna put dboots hoons on it for street driving. I don’t want to change the axels or anything I just want to be able to make it a quick change. Nothing loose or that has a lot of play. Not looking to buy 12mm hexes either

I saw those and didn’t really like them. Seem very expensive and I would have to buy Locktite too in order for them to work properly
What is it that you didn't like about them? They are well worth the money. And trust me when I tell you this you will need loctite in this hobby. I go through about a tube a year myself. It costs $5 at Walmart for Permatex Blue.

Other than that the best bet is Typhon 3s stub axles and hexes, they are a direct bolt on.
AR310904: Aluminum Hex Set (17mm)
AR713029: Pin 2.5x15.2mm
AR310906: Aluminum Wheel Nut Set

AR310905: Wheel axle.

locktite is one of the must have liquid to have in rc... you will eventually disasemble your truck and putting threadlock on metal threads is needed or its going to end badly. Never had a scredriver coming loose when you use it because of the freaking grub SCREW GETTING LOOSE EVERY 5mins each time i tight it up you need locktite its not expensive. Vibrations are what makes screws back out on metal threads without threalock 8/10 it will back out

I saw those and didn’t really like them. Seem very expensive and I would have to buy Locktite too in order for them to work properly
That’s really the only choice you have. Unless you go the typhon axle way. Which is a lot more complicated
And it seems to me you don’t want complicated ?

Traxxas 5353R 17mm hexes also work, you need some heat shrink tubing or fuel line to go over the threaded part of the axle to take up the slack, but they have worked great for me. I'm running them on my granite to run mx28 badlands with no issues.

Last edited:
What is it that you didn't like about them? They are well worth the money. And trust me when I tell you this you will need loctite in this hobby. I go through about a tube a year myself. It costs $5 at Walmart for Permatex Blue.

Other than that the best bet is Typhon 3s stub axles and hexes, they are a direct bolt on.
AR310904: Aluminum Hex Set (17mm)
AR713029: Pin 2.5x15.2mm
AR310906: Aluminum Wheel Nut Set

AR310905: Wheel axle.
I would be ok with using Loctite, but I am planning to only use this attachment for street wheels for the truck (dboots hoons) and then when I want, I would want to change the hexes back to the 14 mm to fit the off-road ones on

I would be ok with using Loctite, but I am planning to only use this attachment for street wheels for the truck (dboots hoons) and then when I want, I would want to change the hexes back to the 14 mm to fit the off-road ones on
Just pick up some MX28 Badlands on 17mm hexes and problem solved.

Or use some 3D printer Adapters you just pull on for the street

But it could be a cheap approach for him. I have finally also ordered the Hot Racing adapters as they are the Best ones so far.

But it could be a cheap approach for him. I have finally also ordered the Hot Racing adapters as they are the Best ones so far.
If the 3DP part lasted a whole pack, I would be really surprised. Even injection molded nylon parts have a tough time surviving the types of stress we put on them.

I've never tried them myself @jondilly1974 so I cannot say how long they last. They were proposed to me as well but I've decided against them.

I've never tried them myself @jondilly1974 so I cannot say how long they last. They were proposed to me as well but I've decided against them.
I would have thought it was a great idea if I hadn’t tried and failed many times to make 3DP parts for functional usage. They do fine for non functional parts tho ??

I have a Granite. I highly recommend Typhon 3s axles, hexes and nuts to upgrade to 17mm. I used the Hot Racing adapters for months. The loc-tite coming loose was my number one headache, snapping axles was my number two headache. The Typhon 17mm option solves both these problems. They don't need loc-tite and the axles are MUCH thicker and more durable. They have never come loose, the axles have never snapped. But it's not cheap. You need axles, hexes, nuts, pins and screws. I recommend Jenny's RC:
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...heel-hex-hubs-ar102696?variant=19221996863542
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...w-wheel-axles-ar102696?variant=19223428595766
If you buy these two packages, you will have 4 extra driveshafts (front and rear are different). However, it's about the same price as buying all the other parts direct from Arrma. Plus, you'll have extra driveshafts, which are a good replacement part to have on standby. The Typhon 17mm upgrade reduced my maintenance/durability headaches more than any other upgrade (except maybe rubber sealed bearings). It really should come with the Granite from the factory. I guess there are lots of 12mm options that are well suited to the Senton, but 14mm and those flimsy axles still don't make sense when the Typhon set up is so far superior.

Last edited:
I accidentally found this solution for a no offset 17 mm option on my Senton 3s after failing to get each of these kits to work well on their own. You need both of these kits:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B11CZW...abc_2VBDKBAW0MJNVYNNXSYK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073ZBDRT...abc_S21GX8ND7V95HV4J0988?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You install everything from the first kit and then just install the bolt from the second kit onto the threaded portion of the stub axle. And of course loktite it all.

You could use just the kit in the first link, but it loosens during each run and adds too much slop to the point where my wheel started scraping against the chassis. With the through bolt from the second kit, you add another tightening force and also increase the width of the axle stub so the hub from the first kit has something to brace against. So no slop.

The second kit does not work with traxxas 5353 hubs because the traxxas hole is too narrow for the second kit's bolt. The traxxas kit works better solo, but will still eventually loosen too.

20210130_102934.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back