Kraton 15s exb build!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
So I just bought an mgm 400a esc. I originally ordered it because I lit my ztw on fire. I also plan on getting the lmt 3060 as a motor. The chassis has tons of upgrades, lots from vitavon and M2c. Just put the new M2c back overkill axles. Can’t wait to get it ripping!! 😂

FCE69E52-295B-497F-8C1B-4AFB68D5237A.jpeg

F46B7AAB-4A7A-49F3-BFB3-B6234893AAA2.jpeg

25B26328-3BD0-42F4-A8CA-7C8FA1D95DD5.jpeg

6CCFB287-39EB-42A9-B559-A3C29481963D.jpeg

D3D63B3A-2132-4D77-9E1F-627E24EDBC09.jpeg

Can’t wait to see video of it ripping 😍
Ripping apart? I just don’t get the obsession of overvolting to absurd levels. 15S? How much did it cost to do this? How much of that will translate to usable power and not just dead weight? I hate to be the party pooper but this just seems wacky

Ripping apart? I just don’t get the obsession of overvolting to absurd levels. 15S? How much did it cost to do this? How much of that will translate to usable power and not just dead weight? I hate to be the party pooper but this just seems wacky
mgm is the top end esc. it costs about 1000 after all is said and done. the motors that go with this (I plan on getting one) can do 50 some horse power. I plan on running 12 and 14 cells.

mgm is the top end esc. it costs about 1000 after all is said and done. the motors that go with this (I plan on getting one) can do 50 some horse power. I plan on running 12 and 14 cells.
And you think that drivetrain can handle 50hp? 😱🤷🏻‍♂️

And you think that drivetrain can handle 50hp? 😱🤷🏻‍♂️
ya, i have all the vitavon diff/housing for it. including m2c axles and all the above.
Be ready to replace many diffs in the future of this Kraton. What motor would you even run with 16s?
one of the lmt motors that mgm sells. thinking about the 3060 or 3080

Just remember it isn’t a esc for jumps or bumps. Not designed for shock. That’s why the ztw is popular
I talked to them about this and they gave me some recommendations on mounting and such. It also has a 5 year warranty!!

I don't want to be a downer, I'm concerned for your drivetrain because even at 12S I was causing irreperable damage to my drivetrain with that exact ESC.
No word of a lie I was shearing the dogbones from 9mm driveshafts in a Baja, I upgraded the drivetrain to UberRC's balldrive setup which took the abuse better, but the ball bearings were pretty much shattering the cups over time.
Super fun in the Baja when it could hold up to the torture though, I was popping wheelies at speed ~70mph - It's now housed in my DBXL-E 2.0 which is far more sensible, 2WD just doesn't handle that power well.

I don't want to be a downer, I'm concerned for your drivetrain because even at 12S I was causing irreperable damage to my drivetrain with that exact ESC.
No word of a lie I was shearing the dogbones from 9mm driveshafts in a Baja, I upgraded the drivetrain to UberRC's balldrive setup which took the abuse better, but the ball bearings were pretty much shattering the cups over time.
Super fun in the Baja when it could hold up to the torture though, I was popping wheelies at speed ~70mph - It's now housed in my DBXL-E 2.0 which is far more sensible, 2WD just doesn't handle that power well.
This is going in a kraton 8s. I have mad it bullet proof in the last few months, post pics later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back