Kraton 1650 4985 what pinion size are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG*GOBLIN

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
I've got a 20, 23, 12, 15, 19 and a 33 which is way to big. What size are people running with good temps? I've got a dual fan setup for it.
Also only using 6s batteries.

What type of vehicle? In my infraction 26, if in my kraton a 18.

I would try 20t first. With a heatsink and fan, you would bump up to 21 or 22 but start with 20. It might even get hot on 20 so keep an eye out and have a ir temp gun on hand
Thank you. I really need to order one of those temp guns.

I run 24t but I agree with starting at 20t

I'd suggest trying the 19t to start and see if your getting the air control you want. I run a Hobbystar 4585 1580kv and 20t is about perfect for air control and has plenty of speed.

I'm running 23t on castle 1650kv. Never gets hot enough to worry. But I don't do stunts. I just run around on grass and mid jumps or mainly street use.
That's pretty much what I'm doing when I get the time to do it. I haven't found any areas that have the type of landscape to do jumps off.

I'm running 23t on castle 1650kv. Never gets hot enough to worry. But I don't do stunts. I just run around on grass and mid jumps or mainly street use.
I'm also running this on castle 1717 1650
23t but the 140mm wheel size on the Talion and runs cool as a cucumber

175mm is a little nuts and I remove some S lol

I've got a 20, 23, 12, 15, 19 and a 33 which is way to big. What size are people running with good temps? I've got a dual fan setup for it.
Also only using 6s batteries.

Have the same motor on KEXB running 20T. But I am running 2x GC fans so I cannot say not having them what the temps are. With them motor temps bashing in the 70-80s currently highest has been 115-131deg for the motor...that was today bashing in the grass. Needed an RC moment so could not get to the dirt so the park was it did well for resistance of the grass for lunch break... the grass is rare for me.

I had a chance to take it to a big grass area today and man this thing flies compared to the 1250kv spektrum I had before it. I went with a 20t and the spur gear I had changed out to the 46t. I was also running two of those taller fans on the motor and the temp's were good. I could touch it without issues. much happier with this setup and now I'll have to sell the spektrum setup to recoup some of the funds and get a temp gun too. Also running on the belted badlands so, pretty happy with it.

I've just picked up this motor and realised when putting it in that there is only provision for 2 bolts into the motor. The manual for the motor suggests 4.

Is there a motor mount that allows 4 holes to be used to mount the motor instead of 2 via the stock slider setup?

I've just picked up this motor and realised when putting it in that there is only provision for 2 bolts into the motor. The manual for the motor suggests 4.

Is there a motor mount that allows 4 holes to be used to mount the motor instead of 2 via the stock slider setup?
We all are doing only two screws into the motor through the motor mount. Only have those two you can get to. Kraton, Infraction, Felony, etc. Threadlock them and screw them down good you will be good.

Meh, just don't read the manual then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back