16889a rear dogbone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harlow123

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi people just bought a 16889a, love it,,but it lost a rear dogbone,,bought a new set,,and just won't stay In now,,just don't know what to do,,any one got any advice please ,,lee ?

Hi people just bought a 16889a, love it,,but it lost a rear dogbone,,bought a new set,,and just won't stay In now,,just don't know what to do,,any one got any advice please ,,lee ?
They probably had an oring in the diff output cup to keep the dog bone from falling out. Just buy an oring assortment and stick whichever size fits in the diff cup.

Do you have the upgraded aluminum cups ? & check the tierods or check for too much play in the a arm or hub area it deff shouldn't be popping out & i could be wrong but i think it goes in a certain way one side is meant for the diff side & etc
That rc is pretty fun heres mine i got yellow for off road & black for onroad lol

Attachments

• 5D162BA2-8C67-4AB2-9CE9-36D7E2173398.jpeg
    5D162BA2-8C67-4AB2-9CE9-36D7E2173398.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 36DE895B-5528-4709-8A0D-0E0088586FB0.jpeg
    36DE895B-5528-4709-8A0D-0E0088586FB0.jpeg
    257.1 KB · Views: 28
They probably had an oring in the diff output cup to keep the dog bone from falling out. Just buy an oring assortment and stick whichever size fits in the diff cup.
Cheers mate,,and that goes in side the cup ? ,sorry haven't got a clue,,
But the opposite side doesn't have one,,but will have a Google/ duck duck go ,, and see what I can find,,thank you 😉
Do you have the upgraded aluminum cups ? & check the tierods or check for too much play in the a arm or hub area it deff shouldn't be popping out & i could be wrong but i think it goes in a certain way one side is meant for the diff side & etc
That rc is pretty fun heres mine i got yellow for off road & black for onroad lol
But the opposite side doesn't have one,,but will have a Google/ duck duck go ,, and see what I can find,,thank you 😉
I did buy a set of new bones and cups,but cups had no where to screw the wheels in to,,so may have been a snide set,, but I like your angles and shall try then off I have seen other cups,,like the look of your trucks,,very nice,,thanks for your advice,

Yea the rear has upgrades & the front has upgrades there inexpensive & worth it its a fun lil rig
copy & paste this

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...=2ahUKEwjjofbFvpf0AhXPdqwKHfLWDGYQwg96BAgBEDs
But also idk what specific brand you have but there are alot of diff people who make this rc ive bought like 4 of them & learned that the actual brand hbx16889 is the best others are Chinese knock off that are slightly off in dimensions when buying parts or upgrading it will be too tight or looses because there factory hbx replacements or upgrades meant for there specific rig

I did buy a set of new bones and cups,but cups had no where to screw the wheels in to,,so may have been a snide set,, but I like your angles and shall try then off I have seen other cups,,like the look of your trucks,,very nice,,thanks for your advice,

Yes put the oring inside the diff cup like this.

20210719_235223.jpg

Yea the rear has upgrades & the front has upgrades there inexpensive & worth it its a fun lil rig
copy & paste this

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai...=2ahUKEwjjofbFvpf0AhXPdqwKHfLWDGYQwg96BAgBEDs
But also idk what specific brand you have but there are alot of diff people who make this rc ive bought like 4 of them & learned that the actual brand hbx16889 is the best others are Chinese knock off that are slightly off in dimensions when buying parts or upgrading it will be too tight or looses because there factory hbx replacements or upgrades meant for there specific rig
Cheers mate,,il take a look ,have a good day 👍🏻

Yes put the oring inside the diff cup like this.

View attachment 179849
Hi mate,,I've tryed this,,I've tryed everything,,had a few tips off people or YouTube,,but I'm thinking it could be the new shocks as there a lot bigger than the old ones,,and was going to put old ones back now can't as won't go on,,not sure if I removed something to get new ones on ?

Hi mate,,I've tryed this,,I've tryed everything,,had a few tips off people or YouTube,,but I'm thinking it could be the new shocks as there a lot bigger than the old ones,,and was going to put old ones back now can't as won't go on,,not sure if I removed something to get new ones on ?
Post some more pics if it's shocks your rc must be sitting really high

Put the old rear shocks back,,fine now,,the ones I bought were longer,,and couldn't adjust,,but thanks for your time ,,
Post some more pics if it's shocks your rc must be sitting really high
Spot on mate,,put old shocks back on now sweet,,the new ones had no adjustment and we're to long,,thanks for your time and knowledge 😉, il probably be needing it again soon 😀
I like your style,,and will try it,,but if anything I feel like the new bone is maybe a bit big,,but il give it a shot,,and get back to ya , thanks 😊
Put the old shocks back on mate,,ok now,,new ones to long,,grants for you time 👍🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back