Kraton 16S K8 by RC Vegas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is RC Vegas' new setup. Very cool.

I’ve tried 6 of those flier escs and every single one of them were junk..I had a couple burn right up and then various issues with the rest..never actually got more than 2 or 3 runs on them before they failed ..I gave up messing with them and went with the mgm esc

these trucks are plenty fast on 10-12s so I don’t see a need for 16s

it actually didn’t seem all that fast for 16s either

Properly set up the Fliers are good ESC. I’ve had zero issues out of mine & it gets run just about daily... I knew nothing about them & got hooked up with a Facebook group that is awesome.

Check out “Flier ESC User Group” on Facebook.

Properly set up the Fliers are good ESC. I’ve had zero issues out of mine & it gets run just about daily... I knew nothing about them & got hooked up with a Facebook group that is awesome.

Check out “Flier ESC User Group” on Facebook.
I have multiple programmers from flier along with the app and I was working directly with the manufacturer..they could t figure out why I was having issues and Kept sending me new ones ..none of them worked
It had nothing to do with the programming on mine
I just gave up and went with something more reliable
Which is a bummer because for the money the flier seems like an awesome option. Maybe it’s just because I was using all tp power 5870’s

I’m using mgm now and they just work

I have multiple programmers from flier along with the app and I was working directly with the manufacturer..they could t figure out why I was having issues and Kept sending me new ones ..none of them worked
It had nothing to do with the programming on mine
I just gave up and went with something more reliable
Which is a bummer because for the money the flier seems like an awesome option. Maybe it’s just because I was using all tp power 5870’s

I’m using mgm now and they just work

I’ve read some people having major issues.
Luckily that wasn’t my experience.... I had 2 manufacturers to consider, the Flyer (included Alien & R-snake rebrands) & a ZTW (including HS rebrands).

At this point I’ve had great results with a ZTW220 so i certainly would be willing to try a ZTW

Last edited:
I’ve read some people having major issues.
Luckily that wasn’t my experience.... I had 2 manufacturers to consider, the Flyer (included Alien & R-snake rebrands) & a ZTW (including HS rebrands).

At this point I’ve had great results with a ZTW220 so i certainly would be willing to try a ZTW
I have a few ztw escs
I’ve been running the ztw 220 pro and had that burn up after a few runs

I bought 4 ztw 300’s (beast pro) after I tried the fliers and had 2 of them burn up
I had 1 replaced so I’m down to 3
I haven’t really run them much as I’m afraid they’ll burn up
I’ve only run them on 8s also
This one burned up after this short run so that’s why I ended up buying mgm’s

I have a few ztw escs

I bought 4 ztw 300’s (beast pro) after I tried the fliers and had 2 of them burn up

Have you bashed it off road and how's integy holding up for you?

I have a few ztw escs

My ZTW 220 has really been a good ESC (Knock on wood! ?) I’d love to have a MGM but they’re way outside of my budget.

Flier has been pretty reliable for the last year or two. I've bought over 40 ESC from them so far this year and have only had one bad ESC so far *knock on wood*. they are a bit tricky to get setup and definitely not as refined as the MGM esc. All the ESC I sell I test to verify they work before I ship them and I program them with some base settings that I've found to work well. I own 4 MGM and a couple flier personally. Flier is good bang for your buck and the punch you get with them is much better than MGM (off the line power). I have a buddy with one in a 5ive-t and a TP 5870 motor. I even ran one of my Lehner 3080 motors off of the 400a Flier ESC and it did ok. For a basher I like Flier, but if you want insane power the MGM/Lehner simply is unmatched.

The "Flier ESC User Group" on Facebook is my group :) I created it because I couldn't find information and it was a struggle when I got my first ESC setup. Now I have a pretty good handle on how to tune them and what not, and I found a few other guys who know about them so we've been helping people out getting them setup ect.

I've had 6-8 ZTW 300a beast esc personally and just about all of them died. I sold a couple that worked after I got fed up. Had two of them catch fire and short out my lipos. So from that experience I can't support them anymore and several of my friends have had the same experience.

I have a few ztw escs

I have a 300 amp beast pro by ztw and I run it on 12s religiously with no issues. You have to have a motor with 800kv or less.

I have a 300 amp beast pro by ztw and I run it on 12s religiously with no issues. You have to have a motor with 800kv or less.
All my motors were under 800kv
I just didn’t have good luck with these ztw escs so I sold them all

I’ve tried 6 of those flier escs and every single one of them were junk..I had a couple burn right up and then various issues with the rest..never actually got more than 2 or 3 runs on them before they failed ..I gave up messing with them and went with the mgm esc

these trucks are plenty fast on 10-12s so I don’t see a need for 16s

it actually didn’t seem all that fast for 16s either
Which mgm did you go with. Looking at there 400amp esc

Which mgm did you go with. Looking at there 400amp esc
I have a few of the 400a mgms
They work great

0F4DD504-C4A0-427F-8569-B5CBCCF1118A.jpeg

98F97122-E755-4186-AA79-797A79A4B151.jpeg

97F166BD-F5F0-4F4A-96BE-DC4BBD4441AD.jpeg

9AB5E059-F19A-4A7D-800D-24D96680059C.jpeg

Very nice builds. I’m looking into mgm options for a speed kraton 8s platform. End goal is to get 120mph reliable. And I’m thinking mgm is my only option. On the esc side. Looking into the tp 5870 motor tho. Any input?

Very nice builds. I’m looking into mgm options for a speed kraton 8s platform. End goal is to get 120mph reliable. And I’m thinking mgm is my only option. On the esc side. Looking into the tp 5870 motor tho. Any input?
I use a 5870(800kv) on the dbxle with an mgm 400a and it’s an absolute beast

71D8FDCD-AB1D-43F3-91F2-B3B459635ED4.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back