Kraton 16t on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Hi guys, has anyone any experience with a 16t on 4s 6750mah 70c.
Will the system run cool, or is it to much for it? Considering that I drive mostly on a big field with small stones and very very short gras. Sometimes I hit the skatepark nearby.

You should be good, just keep a eye on temps.

If you stick with stock tires, you should be ok.

I ran a 14T on my outcast with 2x7400 2S packs for 6 months or so, but I was running 3.8" trenchers which are larger OD and a lot heavier than kraton tires. I also ran a HW motor heat sink/fan. As long as I stayed out of tall grass, I could run pack after pack without overheating. With 16T, I'd overheat the esc running hard at the skate park and I could get away with 15T there, but running in grass much would still cause it to overheat.

I now run a 13T and 6S with the 3.8" trenchers wrapped with kevlar string. It would overheat the esc with 14T, especially at the grass bmx track I run at. I can make it through a set of 6200mah 3S packs there which is about 18-20 minutes of relatively constant running. I usually switch trucks after a set of packs and it cools down completely before I run it again.

Thanks guys for helping me out on this one. I'll buy a fan and a thermometer as recommended. I've got all stock except for the pinion, so I should be fine. I've read that Rick duperbash runs the same setup,bit on 6s,i believe.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back