Kraton 16T Pinion change

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey everyone I just put a 16T robinson racing pinion on my 6s v4 and now my brake feel really weak. Would this change have an effect on my rc? Would I need to set my brakes up higher? Or could it be something else?

Yup, geared higher, the motor has less leverage to stop your truck. Bump up the brake force on the ESC.

Awesome thanks man. This thing was already a beast now it is crazy with this 16t in there. My temps seem to be alright as well. Guess I didn't think about the gearing having that much of an effect on the brakes but it makes sense. Would you recommend a spur gear change as well?

Awesome thanks man. This thing was already a beast now it is crazy with this 16t in there. My temps seem to be alright as well. Guess I didn't think about the gearing having that much of an effect on the brakes but it makes sense. Would you recommend a spur gear change as well?
You don’t have to, but you could go to the 46T spur from the Infraction/Felony but it would be a similar change to increasing your pinion and would reduce your brake effect even more.

You don’t have to, but you could go to the 46T spur from the Infraction/Felony but it would be a similar change to increasing your pinion and would reduce your brake effect even more.

Really appreciate the info. Have a good day man. Just found out the hard way that the tbone t2t brace I bought is only for the older versions of the kraton as well. Bought it and didn't read the fine print. Kind of pissed me off cause its only in the lower info of the page and I told them it should be right in the top of the ad but oh well live and learn.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back