Infraction 1717 castle and XLX2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawkey

Reaction score
I've been trying to search if anyone is running a xlx2 and a 1717 castle motor. Just seeing what that combo is worth. Right now I have a infraction i haven't put in the xlx2 but it did have a hobbywing max 6 and the 1717 and it seemed stupid fast with just that. However I'm thinking of making a move to a limitless. Just looking for some input. With the limitless being a tad more stretched to be able to run a bigger castle motor I am just unsure what route to go. Which I'm still relatively new to this hobby. I just didnt really want to drift anymore because its 60 bucks every time that car gets thrown into the back of my vehicle LOL. I still need to order fans for the motor and im going to see what i can do as a secondary fan for the ESC. Also gearing as to maximize what i have with overheating the poop out of it.

I've been trying to search if anyone is running a xlx2 and a 1717 castle motor. Just seeing what that combo is worth. Right now I have a infraction i haven't put in the xlx2 but it did have a hobbywing max 6 and the 1717 and it seemed stupid fast with just that. However I'm thinking of making a move to a limitless. Just looking for some input. With the limitless being a tad more stretched to be able to run a bigger castle motor I am just unsure what route to go. Which I'm still relatively new to this hobby. I just didnt really want to drift anymore because its 60 bucks every time that car gets thrown into the back of my vehicle LOL. I still need to order fans for the motor and im going to see what i can do as a secondary fan for the ESC. Also gearing as to maximize what i have with overheating the poop out of it.
The XLX2 and the 1717 is a great combo for speed running. Not sure if that's what you want to do with it? If you're just bashing around the XLX2 is not needed, for speed runs it's definitely recommended. The Limitless and the Infraction chassis are the same length though. So you won't get a longer chassis with the Limitless. You can swap the motor mount of the Infraction to the other side, which allows you to run bigger motors.

The XLX2 and the 1717 is a great combo for speed running. Not sure if that's what you want to do with it? If you're just bashing around the XLX2 is not needed, for speed runs it's definitely recommended. The Limitless and the Infraction chassis are the same length though. So you won't get a longer chassis with the Limitless. You can swap the motor mount of the Infraction to the other side, which allows you to run bigger motors.
Its turned into a speed run, I'm over the whole drifting aspect of it. but I haven't heard of the whole swapping the motor mount to run a bigger motor. i thought the limitless something with the steering up front was different to be able to run the bigger motors. if that's the case I may just keep the infraction and find out what body will work the best. just wasn't sure what way to go whether the it'd be smart to move to a limitless or not.
i guess i was thinking something along the lines the limitless is able to run that new 21 series castle motor. i know i cant fit it in the infraction the way it sits because its to long. And I had heard it will fit in the limitless due to how its set up with the steering or something along that line.

Its turned into a speed run, I'm over the whole drifting aspect of it. but I haven't heard of the whole swapping the motor mount to run a bigger motor. i thought the limitless something with the steering up front was different to be able to run the bigger motors. if that's the case I may just keep the infraction and find out what body will work the best. just wasn't sure what way to go whether the it'd be smart to move to a limitless or not.

i guess i was thinking something along the lines the limitless is able to run that new 21 series castle motor. i know i cant fit it in the infraction the way it sits because its to long. And I had heard it will fit in the limitless due to how its set up with the steering or something along that line.
Yep you don't need a Limitless for that. Just switch the motor mount around and you will be able to run big 1/5 scale motors. You need a different mounting plate for the bigger diameter motors. I would get the XLX2 and then push the 1717 to the limit. That motor is capable of running over 150mph with the right body and setup. And then you can still get the 2028 or the new 1721 speed run motor :)

ive been looking at bodies but haven't really found one that tickles my fancy. i really like that bitty design McClaren but i was unsure of how well that would actually do. i do already have a spool to get rid of the center diff. bbut maybe ill run that 1717 till im not happy anymore then just throw that into one of my other seven lol. that could go in the outcast or my revo lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back