1717 destruction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you happen to check the motor temp? Can't imagine it hit 180F in that short of time unless there was a something seriously wrong with it.
I’ve checked it from time to time on days before that. I have had it hit the 180F cutoff on a 21T pinion during a hard bash. I know that the cutoff was working before so I didn’t think much of it beyond confirmation that it was indeed working. Maybe I should haven’t been so trusting. ??‍♂️

I’ve checked it from time to time on days before that. I have had it hit the 180F cutoff on a 21T pinion during a hard bash. I know that the cutoff was working before so I didn’t think much of it beyond confirmation that it was indeed working. Maybe I should haven’t been so trusting. ??‍♂️
Same exact thing happened to me. ESC was cutting motor off at 170°, then this last weekend it hit 225 when my kevlar unwraped, so it didn't shut down at 170. I've lost a little faith in my MMX8S now. Guess I should hook up a fan

Same exact thing happened to me. ESC was cutting motor off at 170°, then this last weekend it hit 225 when my kevlar unwraped, so it didn't shut down at 170. I've lost a little faith in my MMX8S now. Guess I should hook up a fan
I’ve always had a heatsink and fan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back