Big Rock 17hex hub with 0 offset?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alelys

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Thinking about going for the mx28 tires and typhon 3s arms on my big rock.

But the offset makes me think. Less offset = less wobbling because the tire is closer to the bearings.

Any thoughts on this?
Is there a kit to rebuild to 17mm for the big rock with less offset?
Hot Racing ATF117XT02

2 things more, why is the big rock often called BRCC?
And it looks like my big rock have some extra caps before the ESC that nobody else have?

Regards
Alexander

Screenshot_20191004_214237_com.snapchat.android.jpg
IMG_20191006_162118.jpg
IMG_20190903_180412.jpg

But the offset makes me think. Less offset = less wobbling because the tire is closer to the bearings.

Any thoughts on this?
Is there a kit to rebuild to 17mm for the big rock with less offset?
Hot Racing ATF117XT02

2 things more, why is the big rock often called brcc?
And it looks like my big rock have som extra caps befor the esc that nobody else have?

Regards
Alexander

You best bet would to go with the Typhon 3s 17mm hubs and wheel axles. I'm not aware of any 17mm adapters with 0 offset.

BRCC stands for Big Rock Crew Cab. That is the full name of the 1/10 scale version. They used to make a Nero Big Rock. I'm sure they used to Crew Cab part to set it apart from that. I always refer to mine as the BRCC as to not confuse it with the other.

Horizon/Arrma started putting the cap packs on not that long ago. I believe to help with the cogging. When did you buy yours?

Why are you adding wider arms, yet wider hexes are a concern? That doesn’t really make much sense to me. I would be much more concerned about the wider arms snapping. ??‍♂️

Why are you adding wider arms, yet wider hexes are a concern? That doesn’t really make much sense to me. I would be much more concerned about the wider arms snapping. ??‍♂️
Because the extensions add added pressure on the wheel bearings.

And the arms add pressure on the hinge pins ?
I'm just telling you his concern. That and the wobble that extenders create. Shimming them puts even more pressure on the bearings.

The solution for breaking arms is RPM. And yes, they warp ?‍♂️

I'm just telling you his concern. That and the wobble that extenders create. Shimming them puts even more pressure on the bearings.

The solution for breaking arms is RPM. And yes, they warp ?‍♂️
I’m coming around on the RPM arms, even tho I don’t think I should be required to cook them like pasta. My stock arms on my Kraton are warping now too. I am going to wait to swap them when my RPM arms arrive and will show them on a flat surface. It’s hard to photograph them on the truck.

I store my trucks like this now:

20191009_084232.jpg

The Infraction and my SRR are the only ones that sit on the wheels.

Damn you guys answered quick ? i love it!
As bicketybam said, I'm just concerned about the loss steering that might come with the extension :)

I'll from now on call it brcc ;)

I bought mine around late August.

I have changed a few bits and pieces :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190910_234449.jpg
    IMG_20190910_234449.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 36
  • 1570626117115570994265339471642.jpg
    1570626117115570994265339471642.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 15706261404805550126992052620139.jpg
    15706261404805550126992052620139.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 36

I also own a BRCC and like most people agree that the stock wheels arent great. I pondered the mx28's and typhon arms - however I ended up just doing a straight easy swap out to Granite wheels - no extenders or anything - and I am very happy. It looks HEAPS better and its reduced the tendency to flip when turning at speed just enough to make me really happy with it - just another easy/cheap option for you to consider :)

Doesn't the Granite have the same tyre width as the brcc, around 52mm and a bit smaller in hight?

And the mx28 is about 70mm wide but also higher than the stock brcc tyres?
:)

Doesn't the Granite have the same tyre width as the brcc, around 52mm and a bit smaller in hight?

Correct, the granite wheels (Fortress) are not significantly different in size to the stock BRCC (Ragnarok) wheels - looking at the Arrma parts list it only reports 1mm difference in width but I could have sworn it was more than this - I'll check when I get home and post back. However, I think the shape of the tire plays a big part, the Ragnarok's are tall with sharp edges so the car sits a few mm higher and the tire edge digs in easier causing it to flip. The Granite wheels are shorter and round so the car has a slightly lower center of gravity and the tires don't dig in as much which means slightly less flipping in my experiance

... looking at the Arrma parts list it only reports 1mm difference in width but I could have sworn it was more than this - I'll check when I get home and post back.

Ok here we are - there is more than 1mm difference as I thought

Attachments

• A6B00613-F9CB-43D9-912D-C8A6FE6FDE6E.jpeg
    A6B00613-F9CB-43D9-912D-C8A6FE6FDE6E.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 37
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back