Granite 17mm Conversion - Wheels/Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Granite
I'm looking to convert my Granite to 17mm using Typhon parts however my wheel/tire finding ability is apparently really bad. As I understand it, 17mm is the recommended hex size for a few reasons, one being more wheel and tire options. I believe for the Granite I want to stick with 2.8s however when I use proline's site, for example, selecting 17mm doesn't net any 2.8" tires.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something really minor here, but I cant figure it out lol. For some added context, I mostly run on grass and pavement, but will be looking to mess around in the snow come winter.

Thanks!

Last edited:
https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...tires-mounted-12mm-blk-raid-2/PRO1012510.html

Here yah go! These are great on the granite. A lot of people use them including myself.

Oh and you need to buy the 17mm adapters from proline that attach to the wheel also.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...MIz--clKur-wIV6oxaBR0vzg3iEAQYASABEgI6QvD_BwE
This ^ Proline doesn't make any 2.8 wheels that come with 17mm hex anymore. All their 2.8 wheels now come with removable 12mm hexes with 14mm and 17mm as an available option

I much prefer the 17mm on mine. I used the HR adaptor/extensions and the whole connection is much more durable. I was having issues with the 12mm set screws and the whole hex would chew up the inside of the plastic wheel rim. The nut on the outside is also far better and easier to work with.

I much prefer the 17mm on mine. I used the HR adaptor/extensions and the whole connection is much more durable. I was having issues with the 12mm set screws and the whole hex would chew up the inside of the plastic wheel rim. The nut on the outside is also far better and easier to work with.
I agree with your points, but there are way more wheel/tire options in 12mm. There aren’t many 2.8 wheels with a 17mm hex.

I'm looking to convert my Granite to 17mm using Typhon parts however my wheel/tire finding ability is apparently really bad. As I understand it, 17mm is the recommended hex size for a few reasons, one being more wheel and tire options. I believe for the Granite I want to stick with 2.8s however when I use proline's site, for example, selecting 17mm doesn't net any 2.8" tires.

I'm sure I'm overlooking something really minor here, but I cant figure it out lol. For some added context, I mostly run on grass and pavement, but will be looking to mess around in the snow come winter.

Thanks!
Welcome...

I have been very happy with the stock 14mm hex on the BLX models my Big Rock and Granite with Proline tires. Since Proline offers the 14mm adapter for their tires, I can run Badlands MX, etc...also have PL Trenchers and some others. 14mm adapter for their tires here also sell 17mm hex as well

Recently I changed my Big Rock...only for more wider stance, so even less prone to flip using the M2C 17mm hex with extension here. Easy install, clean and the wider stance is nice!

For both rigs, I am running 2.8" Proline tires. I can easily change the center hex on any of the Proline tires if I want 17mm hex or go back to 14mm hex for any rig on any of those tires.

17mm on BR with M2C
1668717498133.png

1668717482394.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back