Kraton 17MM hex spacers for the 3s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I started to think if getting hexes extenders for my kraton would be a good idea. But im concerned about the suspension geometry to get messed up like the car will bottom out more than stock the axle shaft to get bent over time and increasing risk of arm or tire breakages because the car is wider. But what are the other advantages of having a wider car? The car will fly and handle better in the air? The car will be more stable obviously on the ground but i domt think its going to affect handling much. I kinda want the look of the e revo 2.0 if i can achive that with the kraton 4s without issues will be epic. Anyone has anything to share or pictures? And obviously its an hot racing product and only one in stock left with free shipping in my case
IMG_1739.JPG

Going wider usually helps with cornering stability and reduces rolling over. The other reason to go wider is for clearance issues running different wheels and tires, sometimes the offsets of aftermarket wheels/tires causes rub.

10mm spacing shouldn't be an issue for the most part. Stock hub adapters I think are like 5mm.

The shocks will feel a little softer because the arms have more leverage on the shock.

The shocks will feel a little softer because the arms have more leverage on the shock.
Yep I had that issue with my K4S using Typhon 6S shocks. Upped to K6S springs and it’s nice and firm now.

i have a senton 3s and i am slowly making it a 4s kraton ? and i have that hot racing wheel hub

But I want to get rid of that
I want to put the arms of a kraton on it but so that it is a bit wider again ... but without that hot racing hub ? because now I have typhon 3s arms which makes it wider ? only I don't know how to explain it but there is a kind of imbalance in the wheel because of that widening ? it wobbles what you don't have if you keep it standard ? and that annoys me ? that's why I'm going to change it

Yep I had that issue with my K4S using Typhon 6S shocks. Upped to K6S springs and it’s nice and firm now.
The hell i have outcast springs are they are stiff af tried them and the shock feels like if it had 0 oil inside. I jope outcast springs are not the same as kraton
i have a senton 3s and i am slowly making it a 4s kraton ? and i have that hot racing wheel hub

I want to put the arms of a kraton on it but so that it is a bit wider again ... but without that hot racing hub ? because now I have typhon 3s arms which makes it wider ? only I don't know how to explain it but there is a kind of imbalance in the wheel because of that widening ? it wobbles what you don't have if you keep it standard ? and that annoys me ? that's why I'm going to change it
I think the extenders is not fully center try cleaning them up because it should make no differance

Try some 15x18x0.2mm shims between the hub and the big axle bearings. Try one at a time until the slop is gone. You don’t want it to bind. Don’t add too many. ??
The hell i have outcast springs are they are stiff af tried them and the shock feels like if it had 0 oil inside. I jope outcast springs are not the same as kraton

I think the extenders is not fully center try cleaning them up because it should make no differance
Kraton, OC, Noto, and Mojave all use the same spring afaik

Try some 15x18x0.2mm shims between the hub and the big axle bearings. Try one at a time until the slop is gone. You don’t want it to bind. Don’t add too many. ??
thank you for the tip ?but frankly i have no idea where you mean ?
hopefully that photo will help you ?

Attachments

• IMG_20200405_195711.jpg
    IMG_20200405_195711.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 68
thank you for the tip ?but frankly i have no idea where you mean ?
hopefully that photo will help you ?
The inside bearing that the driveshafts sits in is the one you shim. Pull the driveshaft out, pull the bearing out, put the shim inside the hub, put the bearing back in, then feed the driveshaft back in. Now fit the hex back on and spin by hand to test fitment. Add more if needed. But make sure the driveshaft can spin freely and doesn’t bind.

Thank you so much ?I'm going to order some shims and try it ben ik and hopefully I'll be over ?

Widening reduces directional stability at speed. Creates oversteer most of the time. It will handle more like the OC/Noto by making the 4wheels more square to each other.:)

I think im going to buy the bullet and go for it its one of the hardest decision i had to make so far i tried unscrewing the nut and replicate the widening look with the 10Mm offset. And i like it but like @SrC said i don't want my rc to handle like meh it handles awsome right now

I think im going to buy the bullet and go for it its one of the hardest decision i had to make so far i tried unscrewing the nut and replicate the widening look with the 10Mm offset. And i like it but like @SrC said i don't want my rc to handle like meh it handles awsome right now
RC is about experimenting and customiziing You might like it. We can do things to these rigs that you wouldn't/cant do with real scale. But widening will change handling a bit. Enjoy.

RC is about experimenting and customiziing You might like it. We can do things to these rigs that you wouldn't/cant do with real scale. But widening will change handling a bit. Enjoy.
Yes true but i just noticed is it going to put more stress on my driveshafts? My driveshafts are in bad shape specially the rear ones

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back