Mojave 17mm nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidmarkus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
20200810_162716.jpg
Just a heads up, i found some wheel nuts on bang good for 5 dollars a set. I was super skeptical while they were en route but they arrived yesterday and let me tell you, way better than stock. They have a much bigger coverage area than stock. The serrated face is more aggresive than stock, and they don't look horrible. If these start to fall off i will switch to the HR nuts, but ive got 6 packs through these now and haven't had one back off at all. You can get these in a ton of different colors.
[CA$5.89]4PCS 17mm Dust Resistant CNC Nut for 1/8 RC Car AGAMA XRAY LOSI HB AE MUGEN TEAM C HSP ZD RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/dQdMOyUtR8

I have them also on my typhon 6s?then at least no more sand will come in and it will be protected because those nuts are nothing of arrma?

Good tip (y) Will look into that because now I got 17mm hex wheel hubs, which do not provide any cover at all; they are serrated though.
Will look for those hubs you got in black.

lol then we have to type English ? i ordered them on ali express ? costs nothing but you have to be patient and have no idea if they are in black.

Wondering if the added mass will make them more likely to come off? Is that even a thing? Just thinking out loud why manufacturers don’t make captive nuts like this. ??‍♂️ Is it purely a cost factor?

Wondering if the added mass will make them more likely to come off? Is that even a thing? Just thinking out loud why manufacturers don’t make captive nuts like this. ??‍♂️ Is it purely a cost factor?
Good question dude. I was pretty sure they were going to be junk for 5$ a set. I will see how they are after removing them a few times if they still hold.

Good question dude. I was pretty sure they were going to be junk for 5$ a set. I will see how they are after removing them a few times if they still hold.
I had a set of captive nuts that came with a Typhon roller and I lost one. I assumed it was because they are heavier. I could be entirely wrong here. I ended up putting normal nuts on instead and haven’t had one come loose yet. ??‍♂️

I think it's 6065 aluminum and they're not a whole lot heavier than those wheel nuts from arrma. understand that it is a costly picture because just look what hot racing requires.

but now you just have no more sand in it and your screw thread is also protected ?

I think it's 6065 aluminum and they're not a whole lot heavier than those wheel nuts from arrma. understand that it is a costly picture because just look what hot racing requires.

but now you just have no more sand in it and your screw thread is also protected ?
The HR nuts I have are 4g each and stock are 2g each. That’s double. ??‍♂️

? ok are you sure??

Attachments

• IMG_20200811_173153.jpg
    IMG_20200811_173153.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20200811_173200.jpg
    IMG_20200811_173200.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back