17MM to 14MM hex adapter Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spar69!

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
OK Don't know what type of feedback I'll get on this and don't know if it's a stupid idea but I've got 6 sets of TMAXX wheels/tires (on and off road) and I'm looking to run them on my Talion V3 and can't seem to find a 17 to 14mm adapter....just don't want these tires to go to waste.....any ideas???

Did this work? I’m in the same situation but I need to go from 17mm to 12mm. Any ideas??

4CD15A6B-4E7A-433A-8404-C8C1F0D655FD.jpeg
50989CE4-B165-416E-88B2-0A51AB7C56E2.jpeg
I use the 12mm ones on a couple 1/8 scale buggy builds. They work on Tekno and HPI 8mm stub axles....and they should work on the Arrma axles too. Here’s some 12mm beadlocks on my 1/8 HPI Apache

I have to use different size metric hardware for both my HPI and my Tekno. I’m not sure exactly what size for Arrma....but you remove the set screw in the axle...and use a metric bolt with lock washer.
Which Truck are yo looking to adapt to? My son has a Senton. I can test fit and check on that
1DCBF2F4-A74B-4E00-AE70-A0748306448F.jpeg

I have a typhon and trophy flux buggy. Might do it to both. Will this hold up to 6s well?

I don’t think you’ll have any problems with the hexes or aluminum wheels on 6s. Just tire and foam choice will be the concern. For 6s I’d find a tire that you can do the fishing line strapping trick on.

14mm hex's don't hold up nearly as well in high torque applications as 17mm. I switched all my nitro MT's to 17mm once I started running higher power engines like the LRP28 and started rounding out wheel hexes. Pretty much any 1/8th brushless truck is going to have gobs more torque than any nitro engine. I'm guessing your going to have to dial the punch down a lot and be easy on the throttle to run 14mm.

83ABD6A4-A1DA-45D4-81A8-56CDD209F921.jpeg
You’re talking about plastic wheels. These 12mm hexes are very tough...running with aluminum wheels heels.
I also have a set of 17mm beadlocks for ultimate durability

I have to use different size metric hardware for both my HPI and my Tekno. I’m not sure exactly what size for Arrma....but you remove the set screw in the axle...and use a metric bolt with lock washer.
Which Truck are yo looking to adapt to? My son has a Senton. I can test fit and check on that
View attachment 20156
I'm looking to use my TMAXX wheels/tires on my V3 Talion

I ordered the 12mm hex...gonna try them out. I want to run 2.8 or 3.8 on my typhon but finding conflicting answers on what(if any) adjustments or parts I will need for them to fit. Also wanting to go with some nice beadlocks that don’t cost a fortune. Any suggestions?

OK Don't know what type of feedback I'll get on this and don't know if it's a stupid idea but I've got 6 sets of TMAXX wheels/tires (on and off road) and I'm looking to run them on my Talion V3 and can't seem to find a 17 to 14mm adapter....just don't want these tires to go to waste.....any ideas???

I'm thinking to modify the axles and 14mm hex. Seems there's no other option apart from wrong parts that will do the job but those parts the sell by the pair when all cars have 4 wheels ? pay double the price. Nuh, nop, no way.

I'll drill the middle of the hex a tiny bit bigger as the outer diameteris slightly smaller than the inside. Next Shave the axles with a dremel as I don't own a lathe so I can slip the hex into place and job done.

It's going to be time consuming shaving the axles by hand but needs must ✌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back