17mm Torque Specs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutoXmachine

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
  5. Voltage
I want to answer a question I’ve seen asked a few times here, but no one seems to know the honest answer. This is for torque spec heads that live and die by the torque wrench.

On Arrma 17mm wheel hexs, the torque spec is between 90 to 100 in/lbs (5.625 to 6.25 ft/lbs). Since there’s no official spec from Arrma (that I can find) I did a little testing myself. By using a very accurate torque wrench (Project Farm approved) on 3 brand new Arrma models never used and their wheels have never been removed. All took around 100 in/lbs to remove initially, non had any thread locker from the factory. After torquing the hex to 90 in/lbs, the hub and wheel nut have the same depth as they did from the factory.

I'm sort of a torque spec head myself and hope this helps; cheers!

I want to answer a question I’ve seen asked a few times here, but no one seems to know the honest answer. This is for torque spec heads that live and die by the torque wrench.

On Arrma 17mm wheel hexs, the torque spec is between 90 to 100 in/lbs (5.625 to 6.25 ft/lbs). Since there’s no official spec from Arrma (that I can find) I did a little testing myself. By using a very accurate torque wrench (Project Farm approved) on 3 brand new Arrma models never used and their wheels have never been removed. All took around 100 in/lbs to remove initially, non had any thread locker from the factory. After torquing the hex to 90 in/lbs, the hub and wheel nut have the same depth as they did from the factory.

Torque wrench 😂🤣😎 I’m funny
38F98407-C0E8-46C5-B2D5-FDF8885EAD55.png

I'm a "torque spec head" also.. :ROFLMAO: (working on CF bikes, and just general bike components.. and some car wrenching) but never gave torque specs a thought on mostly plastic RCs.

I'm mostly accustomed to Nm specs, not in/lbs or ft/lbs.. so those numbers always look WILD to me, until I convert them to Nm.

Anyway.. I guess you haven't found much info on torque specs because it probably is not very important to Arrma. I doubt they use any torque wrenches when assembling the cars. I guess the only place where I would think torque spec would be important is on the diffs.. to make sure they are sealed correctly, not overtightened or too loose.. and not even that seems to have any torque specs.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back