17mm wheel nut upgrades?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
I just bought a uses Kraton 6s. I did not receive the t-wrench tool and the wheel nuts are loose. The guy mentioned the wheel nuts kept loosening. He laughed and said maybe he didn't make them tight enough. So this is my first 1/8 scale and this type of nut is new to me. Should there be a drop of locktite? What would be a nicer nut to purchase? The closed captured style look nice. What do you suggest?

Also, what nut driver tool do you suggest? I would not mind something nicer than that t-wrench.

Rarely do I have problems with loose nuts... ? maybe I crank them down thighter than most. ?‍♂️ Make sure the serrated side of the nut faces the wheel.

I just bought a uses Kraton 6s. I did not receive the t-wrench tool and the wheel nuts are loose. The guy mentioned the wheel nuts kept loosening. He laughed and said maybe he didn't make them tight enough. So this is my first 1/8 scale and this type of nut is new to me. Should there be a drop of locktite? What would be a nicer nut to purchase? The closed captured style look nice. What do you suggest?

Also, what nut driver tool do you suggest? I would not mind something nicer than that t-wrench.
The hot racing ones seem to snug up real good. And I use a ratchet to tighten mine down instead of that T tool

1+ on the red hot racing ones. Really are good at biting in to the wheel and not loosening. As mentioned any 17mm socket will do. Although if you look up rc wheel wrench 17mm one will pop up on eBay

I stick a bit of low strength threadlock on the wheel nuts of my hobao which has a habit of spinning its wheels off (non serrated nuts, my arrma has never done it).

cool. Thank you everyone.

The closed nuts work well but I just purchase them off of banggood. $4 for a set is much more palatable than $18 a set.

814361D7-0FAF-4F4D-968F-23537C4ECB39.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back