17T Pinion question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Guys - I upgraded my senton with a Castle 2200Kv and now they are installing a HobbywingMax8 Combo in my KratonV2. My LHS told me to stay away from the 17T and upgrading the motor & esc will give me even more performance without stressing out the system with the high speed pinion. Too much heat and it messes with the motor - I think George said it messes with the coils or something.

Thoughts? They have always told me to stay away and preserve my trucks....

getting ready to watch the Giants crush them Eagles.....

Guys - I upgraded my senton with a Castle 2200Kv and now they are installing a HobbywingMax8 Combo in my KratonV2. My LHS told me to stay away from the 17T and upgrading the motor & esc will give me even more performance without stressing out the system with the high speed pinion. Too much heat and it messes with the motor - I think George said it messes with the coils or something.

Thoughts? They have always told me to stay away and preserve my trucks....

getting ready to watch the Giants crush them Eagles.....

sure...but in the end...it's your truck...your money...higher speeds...harder impacts...up to you...have fun either way...you trying to set speed records...do it...if not...do something else you like..but yeah...keep eye on temps. ....question is. ..what do you think... I support you either way...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back