1mil center diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreightTrain03

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I noticed my Kraton drives nose up at full throttle and the guy at my local hobby shop suggested i use 1 million fluid in the center diff. Seemed like a good idea at the time but the more i though about it, seems like it might be a bad idea.
I have a 1600 kv motor on it. Needless to say Its a powerful motor. So Im wondering if this will damage the drive train especially on jumps as its seems Iv practically locked the center diff. Any thoughts?

Running backflip tires, 16/46 gearing, 6s batteries

Last edited:
It will definitely be harder on the drive train. A good compromise would be 500K in the center diff which still allows the diff to rotate from time to time.

Best regards,
Brian

I noticed my Kraton drives nose up at full throttle and the guy at my local hobby shop suggested i use 1 million fluid in the center diff. Seemed like a good idea at the time but the more i though about it, seems like it might be a bad idea.
I have a 1600 kv motor on it. Needless to say Its a powerful motor. So Im wondering if this will damage the drive train especially on jumps as its seems Iv practically locked the center diff. Any thoughts?

Running backflip tires, 16/46 gearing, 6s batteries

I put 1m in the center diff of my Outcast. After I did that I primarily just used it in the woods as a trail truck. 1m in the center gave it awesome 4x4 action and wouldn't diff out when one tire came off the ground from going over logs and large rocks. If I planned on taking it out for a normal bashing I would put 500k in the center.

Thanks I ended up going down with 70f 500c 30r still rides a little nose up but its a huge difference from using 100 in the center

It will nose up regardless of the oil you run, the difference will be that it won't unload the diff towards the front as easily. Even with a locked center, the nose would come up and wheelie all the time. Having heavier oil in there will allow it to unload some, but not uncontrollably. Buddy of mine had 50k in his talion center and it was pretty much undrivable. Wore the center right out of his front tires. I think he's running 500k now with pro-line 3.8" trenchers and has really been enjoying it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back