Senton 1st Arrma, used Senton 3S BLX, just getting started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I picked up a used Senton 3S BLX a few days ago. It's been well loved, but also has a few minor upgrades. Some of the original bearings have been replaced, the front bumper was replaced (looks like another Arrma Senton from bumper), and the wheels and tires where replaced with street wheels.

2022-04-29 14.38.08.jpg

The previous owner tells me the front shocks need to be serviced or replaced as it tends to pull to one side quite a bit when braking. I'm also noticing that adjusting the steering trim seems to be a never ending thing, so I'm guessing there's something loose.

2022-04-29 14.38.34.jpg
2022-04-29 14.38.55.jpg
2022-04-29 14.39.07.jpg

I'm sure the grass inside is from me. I got it home with a nearly full battery, so I had to run it. :)
It came with a 5000mah 3S battery, and I already had some 5200mah 2S batteries (with EC5 connectors, because I had been planning to get into an Arrma) from my old buggy, so I can run it for a while.

I'm looking for offroad tires for it right away. From all of the investigation I've found so far, it looks like I'm going to get some 17mm hexes for it so I have more options for wheels. Jury is still out on which wheels/tires I'm getting based on what's available, and what my budget can handle at the moment. I'm leaning toward some "Six Pack" tires and I also threw some "big bore aluminum" shocks in my eBay cart, but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.

I think the 17mm upgrade gets you into larger tires than SC and buggy tires. If youre looking to stay with SC tires, i think 14mm is ok if using proline wheel adaptors, and you can also get 12mm hexes. I plan on getting some 12mm wheels from a traxxas slash ultimate to replace my SC tires. I haven't felt the need for 17mm. Duratrax also sells them in 14mm.

I got some grps5 with 17mm hexes and some talon 2.8 with some hr 12mm hexes for sale if your interested message me

I picked up a used Senton 3S BLX a few days ago. It's been well loved, but also has a few minor upgrades. Some of the original bearings have been replaced, the front bumper was replaced (looks like another Arrma Senton from bumper), and the wheels and tires where replaced with street wheels.

View attachment 214560

The previous owner tells me the front shocks need to be serviced or replaced as it tends to pull to one side quite a bit when braking. I'm also noticing that adjusting the steering trim seems to be a never ending thing, so I'm guessing there's something loose.

View attachment 214561View attachment 214562View attachment 214563

I'm sure the grass inside is from me. I got it home with a nearly full battery, so I had to run it. :)
It came with a 5000mah 3S battery, and I already had some 5200mah 2S batteries (with EC5 connectors, because I had been planning to get into an Arrma) from my old buggy, so I can run it for a while.

I'm looking for offroad tires for it right away. From all of the investigation I've found so far, it looks like I'm going to get some 17mm hexes for it so I have more options for wheels. Jury is still out on which wheels/tires I'm getting based on what's available, and what my budget can handle at the moment. I'm leaning toward some "Six Pack" tires and I also threw some "big bore aluminum" shocks in my eBay cart, but haven't pulled the trigger on them yet.
Get some 17mm hex and use Typhon 3s tires.

Also pick up a @3d-rc.myshopify.com bumper support as the stock one is destine to break : https://3d-rc.online/products/arrma-3s-senton-bumper-frame?variant=40450061861069

I got some grps5 with 17mm hexes and some talon 2.8 with some hr 12mm hexes for sale if your interested message me
From what I can tell, these are on-road tires, yes?

Apparently the front bumper has already been replaced, but by another "stock" bumper. Thanks for the pointer and link there. It's on my next paycheck list. :)

I got some Senton DBoots Fortress on wheels (14mm) off eBay for a good price ($28), but getting 17mm hexes will also go on my next paycheck list. Those tires seem like they're a good deal for the price too.
I believe the Fortress tires I got are basically the stock wheels and tires for a Senton, which aren't the best, but it'll give me a set of wheels to put new tires on in the future. At some point I want to get some shiny (chrome) wheels for it as well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back