Typhon 1st run , broke both front upper arms !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Hey gang , new here , picked up a new V4 and drove for the first time today . Ran it in a industrial area in the parking lots/street . Put on new Duratrax Roadrunners to not wreck the new orig off road tires . maybe half way thru the pack , 6s , it got squirrelly , and I hit a curb not really going all that fast ( not a square concrete curb , but the blacktop style with rounded edge ) . Didn't think anything of it , when drove back to stop using it , I was extremely surprised to see that both the front upper arms broke(cracked , you can pull them apart) , in exactly the same spot on both of the arms . They broke on the back leg closer to the inside of buggy . The leading edge leg is fine . Weird , as if it were from the hit , you would think the front of those two legs would have been the one(s) to break ?
Anyway , are these arms a weak point on this buggy ? Never broke a thing on my V3 6s I had last year .

Thanks .

Hey gang , new here , picked up a new V4 and drove for the first time today . Ran it in a industrial area in the parking lots/street . Put on new Duratrax Roadrunners to not wreck the new orig off road tires . maybe half way thru the pack , 6s , it got squirrelly , and I hit a curb not really going all that fast ( not a square concrete curb , but the blacktop style with rounded edge ) . Didn't think anything of it , when drove back to stop using it , I was extremely surprised to see that both the front upper arms broke(cracked , you can pull them apart) , in exactly the same spot on both of the arms . They broke on the back leg closer to the inside of buggy . The leading edge leg is fine . Weird , as if it were from the hit , you would think the front of those two legs would have been the one(s) to break ?
Anyway , are these arms a weak point on this buggy ? Never broke a thing on my V3 6s I had last year .

Thanks .
I wouldn't consider arms weak on this buggy at all. I think the curb got lucky in this case. After you change them out (RPM or stock,) I'll bet it'll be a long time before it happens again. Lots of guys here like RPM arms but I run stock because I honestly have never broken one on any of my 6s rigs...only cracked one on the Talion but it still works just fine. When it breaks completely I have a backup set of stock that I'll put on.

Pics..... Also, the scuffs on the shock protectors were done after I discovered the arms to be broken .

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 73
Pics..... Also, the scuffs on the shock protectors were done after I discovered the arms to be broken .
Dam! now that's very interesting that they both upper broke in the exact same spot. Maybe I'm wrong in assuming the curb got lucky but still haven't seen anything like this until tonight.
You could maybe even try for warranty with this example but I usually save my favors for when I really need em.

I know ! No jumping/bashing/sending it/etc , just running around on pavement with one light curb hit ! If you guys were there and watched me do it , you would not have thought anything of it ! And at that , it wasn't a direct head on curb hit either , more like a swipe into it .

Wow, I haven't ever seen that before, the Typhon a-arms are smaller maybe they have less flex and that's the weak point in the moulding? I cracked the rear arm on one side near the sock rod end pin, but it held together fine, I just glued it and haven't thought about it since. The Typhon can take a beating believe me.

Strange indeed, compound fracture to both limbs. Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back