Infraction 1st run on V2 Infraction...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymac

Reaction score
So I got my V2 infraction this morning... First run 1 tonight with my son and his now “new to him” Infraction V1. Welp first off the hand brake while cool comes at a price to use. If you thought the Hoons wore out fast before, get ready... I made it 15 minutes, no donuts, no burnouts before the rears were toast. All in good (yet expensive) fun! Hahahahaha

62943D3B-3877-4E15-9493-309ABEA83595.jpeg

8662CF9A-4722-43B1-A986-0D5CCA6406B7.jpeg

So I got my V2 infraction this morning... First run 1 tonight with my son and his now “new to him” Infraction V1. Welp first off the hand brake while cool comes at a price to use. If you thought the Hoons wore out fast before, get ready... I made it 15 minutes, no donuts, no burnouts before the rears were toast. All in good (yet expensive) fun! Hahahahaha

View attachment 96235

View attachment 96236
Didn’t realize these had made it out the door yet. Nice rigs

The new body is killer going to have to pick one up. How is the e brake?

Are you saying the handbrake module destroys tires when cold? How fast were you going when you applied the handbrake??

The hand brake when being used to control the slide in turns or drifts causes extreme tire wear. Both the v1 and v2 were running 6s and we weren’t going crazy, just large circles with some controlled drifting and some straight line racing. The v1 still has a decent amount of tread life left and the V2 rears are gone. I put new Hoons on the V1 before we did the the run. It may be me causing this but on my second run I’ll be more careful with the brake.
So how is the engagement of the hand brake? Is it just instant on/off, or can it be modulated?
If you have a DX5R or higher I believe you can program ABS, but I was using the DX3 that came with it and it’s a pressure based button/switch. So you can basically use it to slow the car down it full lock depending on the pressure.
Are you saying the handbrake module destroys tires when cold? How fast were you going when you applied the handbrake??
Oh and the tires were warmed up before I engaged the brake.

Last edited:
I bought a 3 sets of Hoons and 3 sets of the GRPs hopefully that last at least month. That’s a car payment in tires.... hahahahaha

Anyone have any other recommendations on some low cost tires? Not for speed runs just general bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back