1st soda can motor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeppyjep

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Typhon 6s
Pulled the trigger on a TP 5870 1200kv can’t wait to try this puppy out

E9300ACF-E308-42F5-853A-A9E1D39B67EF.jpeg

Just want to see how it does compared to the 1721 2400 kv castle I’ve been running
Time to gear up!! It's definitely a different thing altogether. I've done some preliminary testing with that motor's "little" brother, the 5680 1440KV. I really dug how the motor felt. I thought it was going to be really "ka-chunk ka-chunky" because the rotor is impossible to turn without putting a pinion on it, but it ran shupa shmoove. I'll be getting more into it next season.

That thing should be fun :) (y)

Just want to see how it does compared to the 1721 2400 kv castle I’ve been running
That's a huge motor...15000w motor???my much smaller 5670-1270kv is a absolute torque monster ,I imagine the diffrence from a 1721 will be astranomical far a gaining speed.

Time to gear up!! It's definitely a different thing altogether. I've done some preliminary testing with that motor's "little" brother, the 5680 1440KV. I really dug how the motor felt. I thought it was going to be really "ka-chunk ka-chunky" because the rotor is impossible to turn without putting a pinion on it, but it ran shupa shmoove. I'll be getting more into it next season.

That thing should be fun :) (y)

I know I couldn’t even turn the shaft lol . Can’t wait to try it out.
You building a Tesla??

Think a Tesla would be fun to bash with

Here was my first big can...completly different powerband..lots of torque with small rpm range vs lots of rpms an throttle delay....torque is where it's at...easier to control on buildup...I could never control my swb 162mph gt car with a 40mm can past 140 with crashing or things getting to sketchy....similar to a motocross bike...250cc 2 stroke vs 450cc 4 stroke kinda power...or 350 Chevy vs 454 Chevy kinda power..you love it...only downfall is no more indy car sound from motor...some addvice,,,,,,,,big cans have horrible brakes....80% at least,run mine at 95%...cog bad also,so turn start up to high

I love the motor, but why the la croix? It tastes like somebody just took a good soda, put it in a diffuser next to water and then sold the water.
Lmfao it’s my girls couldn’t find anther can
Great motor!! Gear very high, have serious battery supply

Got these onyx not the biggest but good batteries . I have to ask about gearing when you say high like would you mind giving me a starting point ? Because I’ve never messed with a low kv

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 49
Here was my first big can...completly different powerband..lots of torque with small rpm range vs lots of rpms an throttle delay....torque is where it's at...easier to control on buildup...I could never control my swb 162mph gt car with a 40mm can past 140 with crashing or things getting to sketchy....similar to a motocross bike...250cc 2 stroke vs 450cc 4 stroke kinda power...or 350 Chevy vs 454 Chevy kinda power..you love it...only downfall is no more indy car sound from motor...some addvice,,,,,,,,big cans have horrible brakes....80% at least,run mine at 95%...cog bad also,so turn start up to high

Ok thanks for the info

Lmfao it’s my girls couldn’t find anther can

Got these onyx not the biggest but good batteries . I have to ask about gearing when you say high like would you mind giving me a starting point ? Because I’ve never messed with a low kv
You've got half the KV of the 1721, so for an equal speed you'd be looking at doubling the tooth count of your pinion.

Those ONYX packs should rock your socks. They seem to be setting the new standard when it comes to speed running packs.

You've got half the KV of the 1721, so for an equal speed you'd be looking at doubling the tooth count of your pinion.

Those ONYX packs should rock your socks. They seem to be setting the new standard when it comes to speed running packs.

Thanks for the info and when you say doubling like I have 29 on there now with a 39 spur how could I ever get double the size pinion ? And should it be bigger than the spur . I’m sorry I know gearing is like a huge thing I’m just trying to get between 130-140 for now and gearing confusing the heck out of me

You running 8s???do you have 2.8 or 3.3 diffs????here's where I'd start,remember setup like this is 3.5mph diffrence on 1t pinion change an a 5mph difference on spur change..if your running pps mount you must stay between 71-90 on your TTC..8MM gears are expensive so choose gears wisely...

Screenshot_20221103-192059.jpg

Thanks for the info and when you say doubling like I have 29 on there now with a 39 spur how could I ever get double the size pinion ? And should it be bigger than the spur . I’m sorry I know gearing is like a huge thing I’m just trying to get between 130-140 for now and gearing confusing the heck out of me
With a 1200KV motor, your pinion is definitely going to be larger than your spur/spool gear. You're going to want to go down in size on your spur/spool gear (I'd probably go to something like a 29-31T for starters). The pinion will then depend on what voltage you're running.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back