1st soda can motor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You running 8s???do you have 2.8 or 3.3 diffs????here's where I'd start,remember setup like this is 3.5mph diffrence on 1t pinion change an a 5mph difference on spur change..if your running pps mount you must stay between 71-90 on your TTC..8MM gears are expensive so choose gears wisely...

View attachment 254171

2.8 diffs . Thanks for the info what app is that ?

BTW I love the stock arrma spurs,think they only make 27,29,34t.very strong,cheap gears ya can use as a spur or pinion...I've been currently using the powerhobby gears with no issues up to 162..

1667521913817374862144162796174.jpg

BTW I love the stock arrma spurs,think they only make 27,29,34t.very strong,cheap gears ya can use as a spur or pinion...I've been currently using the powerhobby gears with no issues up to 162..

View attachment 254172
Arrma makes 29, 34 & 39T spool gears. Yes, you can use them as pinions, but I don't find them to be as tight fitting as other gears. I think it's because the shoulder on the gear is a bit slim and that can cause them to not sit as straight as other gears I've used. But that's just me. YMMV :)

This is my speed calculator of choice. It even allows for adding tire ballooning if you're running rubber tires which I find to be a nice touch.
https://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/top_speed.html

If you want or need help setting it up, lemme know. Most of it is intuitive, but some things are not.

Awesome thank you
Arrma makes 29, 34 & 39T spool gears. Yes, you can use them as pinions, but I don't find them to be as tight fitting as other gears. I think it's because the shoulder on the gear is a bit slim and that can cause them to not sit as straight as other gears I've used. But that's just me. YMMV :)
Power hobby gears have been good for me to

I'm a cheapskate🤣😂.saga gears are 1 of the best..but I think 45-55t gear is like 35$ each...the powerhobby gears are like 22ish each...

I'm a cheapskate🤣😂.saga gears are 1 of the best..but I think 45-55t gear is like 35$ each...the powerhobby gears are like 22ish each...
Nah, the SAGA gears are $21 a piece at Island Hobby Nut (though they've radically reduced their SAGA stock...presumably because they're selling their own gears now which are $20 each and look very similar to SAGA gears). The Powerhobby gears are $20 each as well.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/shop-3

Nah, the SAGA gears are $21 a piece at Island Hobby Nut (though they've radically reduced their SAGA stock...presumably because they're selling their own gears now which are $20 each and look very similar to SAGA gears). The Powerhobby gears are $20 each as well.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/shop-3
Why am I useing the PH gears then???lol...for some reason I've stayed away from saga cause I thought they where way over priced...it's the jjcustom gears that are 30$$..I'll order saga next time👍👍👍

@Jeppyjep here's 1460kv geared for 3s..50/21 gearing if I can remember right...tallest I've ever been. Lol
50+21=71 total tooth count,71 being smallest that'll fit mount,I always try an stay close to to 71 just to save a couple grams,plus less stress on mount cause gears are at there closest possible spot on mount..BTW a 50t PH gear weighs 74 grams..lol

Screenshot_20221103-202153_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yall slacking on the cheap gears. I seem to be the only one around here who buys surpass hobbies gears.

https://surpasshobbyusa.net/accessories/pinion-gears/

14.50$ and up to 49t! they've been great for me so far.
Good shout. These look like the ones I buy in Sweden. Pretty sure they're the same ones. They cost me between 7.90-13.90, sizes from 13-49T. I've compared them to SAGA and, in my judgement, they're on the same level as SAGA gears.

Good shout. These look like the ones I buy in Sweden. Pretty sure they're the same ones. They cost me between 7.90-13.90, sizes from 13-49T. I've compared them to SAGA and, in my judgement, they're on the same level as SAGA gears.
Yea when I first got my k8s I bought a couple saga gears and then I found this place and I was like wait I can save 6 or 7 bucks per pinion? pffftt. Funny enough I think the main reason I even went looking is because saga was out of stock on a lot of different big gears.

That motor is a megaladon! Omg lil bro when u pull the trigger you let off! Lol can’t wait to see what that bad mofo can do!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back