Kraton 1st week with the Kraton 6s - aka Broken parts list :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OzBasher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all,

So I've taken the Kraton out every day for a week now and had an absolute ball bashing it. The highlight would have been learning to do backflips at the skatepark and seeing punters lose their poop over said backflips. I'm stoked with how much of of a beating it has taken, but alas today is the first day I can't take it out.

Not 100% sure how long it's been busted for, but I noticed today the front bumper was completely gone, the red brace the holds the control arms in place was just held in by two snapped screws. So instead of out bashing I thought I'd give a shout out to the parts I've broken so far.

So first run outside the back yard, didn't even get through a full battery pack before trying for my first backflip up quite a large embankment at the park, landing hard on the back wheel, snapping some sort of ball end. Would have been a cheap fix except I didn't realise the dog bone had fallen out. Oh well, I know next time - and I have a spare dog bone.

Next few outings I out scraped the bejesus out of the body and the chassis, figured out the whole backflip thing at the skate park and managed to not break anything.

On Friday after a few beers and heaps of successful back flips I got a little cocky and tried for a front flip... I came up high to give myself time to front flip and duffed it! Managed to stop dead upside and then watched it drop like a rock landing flat on the roof. Would have close to 3 metres I guess. Plugged the motor back it and it ran fine. Didn't notice until that night the chassis brace had snapped where it screws to the chassis.

No one locally has the part in, so took it easy on Saturday (although mainly because I got kicked out of the BMX track I tried to drive in) and did some speed runs around a car park. Sort of slammed into a cement pole at about half speed bang in the middle of the car. I'm guessing that's when the bumper got broken?

Sunday I went to the only basher RC track in Sydney and ran through a couple battery packs. No real big stacks and great fun flying around the track. Sort of surprised that the control arms didn't fall of if the bumper was broken since Saturday.

Yesterday I got to the park and then notice the front steering ball thingy was halfway out of the control arm, so went home, fix that and just did some speed runs and wheelies up and down my street to keep my neighbours entertained and discharge the lipo a bit :) No damage at all really, but again, surprised it held together.

Anyway, loving this beast at the moment, hopefully the parts arrive before the weekend so I can bash it some more :D I guess until then I might as we do some more maintenance - I've got some 150K Huddy diff fluid that needs to find it's way into the centre diff.

Bash on brother, be careful around other people with that beast.

You will need to pull the front tie bar and extract the broken screws from the bulkhead/gearcase.

Hi all,

So I've taken the Kraton out every day for a week now and had an absolute ball bashing it. The highlight would have been learning to do backflips at the skatepark and seeing punters lose their poop over said backflips. I'm stoked with how much of of a beating it has taken, but alas today is the first day I can't take it out.

Not 100% sure how long it's been busted for, but I noticed today the front bumper was completely gone, the red brace the holds the control arms in place was just held in by two snapped screws. So instead of out bashing I thought I'd give a shout out to the parts I've broken so far.

So first run outside the back yard, didn't even get through a full battery pack before trying for my first backflip up quite a large embankment at the park, landing hard on the back wheel, snapping some sort of ball end. Would have been a cheap fix except I didn't realise the dog bone had fallen out. Oh well, I know next time - and I have a spare dog bone.

View attachment 47945

Next few outings I out scraped the bejesus out of the body and the chassis, figured out the whole backflip thing at the skate park and managed to not break anything.

On Friday after a few beers and heaps of successful back flips I got a little cocky and tried for a front flip... I came up high to give myself time to front flip and duffed it! Managed to stop dead upside and then watched it drop like a rock landing flat on the roof. Would have close to 3 metres I guess. Plugged the motor back it and it ran fine. Didn't notice until that night the chassis brace had snapped where it screws to the chassis.

No one locally has the part in, so took it easy on Saturday (although mainly because I got kicked out of the BMX track I tried to drive in) and did some speed runs around a car park. Sort of slammed into a cement pole at about half speed bang in the middle of the car. I'm guessing that's when the bumper got broken?

View attachment 47950

Sunday I went to the only basher RC track in Sydney and ran through a couple battery packs. No real big stacks and great fun flying around the track. Sort of surprised that the control arms didn't fall of if the bumper was broken since Saturday.

Yesterday I got to the park and then notice the front steering ball thingy was halfway out of the control arm, so went home, fix that and just did some speed runs and wheelies up and down my street to keep my neighbours entertained and discharge the lipo a bit :) No damage at all really, but again, surprised it held together.

Anyway, loving this beast at the moment, hopefully the parts arrive before the weekend so I can bash it some more :D I guess until then I might as we do some more maintenance - I've got some 150K Huddy diff fluid that needs to find it's way into the centre diff.
Markhor rc do aluminium braces to sort it out buddy and they are Australian, search for amped rc they do loads of Arrma stuff ?

Bash on brother, be careful around other people with that beast.

Roger that! I flew past a woman and her dogs that I didn't see until the dogs started chasing the car, luckily she was cool and had me run the dogs around the park for a while.

You will need to pull the front tie bar and extract the broken screws from the bulkhead/gearcase.

Took a while, but got them out last night :D

Markhor rc do aluminium braces to sort it out buddy and they are Australian, search for amped rc they do loads of Arrma stuff ?

Cheers, I'll check them out today!

Hi all,

View attachment 47945

View attachment 47950

The Kraton is a monster and will serve you well. The breakages are like has been said the price we pay to have so much fun. Bash on brother ??

Attachments

• 808D4686-FD14-4745-9E84-7A717CD98E49.jpeg
    808D4686-FD14-4745-9E84-7A717CD98E49.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 39

Update... My wife is going to hate you! I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the first order definitely ain't going to be cheap!

Quick question - Carbon fibre or 9.5mm "Overkill" aluminium shock towers?

Update... My wife is going to hate you! I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but the first order definitely ain't going to be cheap!

I'm used to the wife bit, mine left ???? i have overkill tower's on my outcast and they are awesome. Not tried their carbon fibre but I've snapped a front tower before that was carbon fibre and also snapped an ackerman plate made of the same so i stay away from it now. I've heard both are very good.

I'm used to the wife bit, mine left ???? i have overkill tower's on my outcast and they are awesome. Not tried their carbon fibre but I've snapped a front tower before that was carbon fibre and also snapped an ackerman plate made of the same so i stay away from it now. I've heard both are very good.

Cheers man, 9.5mm Ally it is :D

Favorite quote used on the wife's question of why does this cost so much????? Hmmm well "Its cheaper than hooker's and blow..."

Favorite quote used on the wife's question of why does this cost so much????? Hmmm well "Its cheaper than hooker's and blow..."

Really? I must be getting close to $2k so far this month... That's a really good night out for 2 here. I guess you only get to ride the hookers once though for that. So I guess it is cheaper in the long run.

Really? I must be getting close to $2k so far this month... That's a really good night out for 2 here. I guess you only get to ride the hookers once though for that. So I guess it is cheaper in the long run.
Depends on your standards ??‍♂️?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back