Infraction 1x 6S or 2x 3S Lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FriedOne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
Guys what are most of you running for batteries. 1x 6S or 2x 3S. What is preferred.
Thanks.

2x3 for bashing will get you longer run time. Or a monster 6s will cost $$.

I got 2x3s batteries because if one of them fails it is cheaper to replace. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that the 6s will take longer to charge than 2x3s (if you have a dual charger). Also no cars are rated for 12s out of the box (some planes are) since I only do rc cars I am more likely to use a 3s in a smaller rc car.

Thanks for your replies guys. Looks like 2x 3S lipos would be the better choice.
Cheers.

Hi mate, I have the benefit of both. In otherwise identical batteries, my view:

1) 1x 6s slightly lighter;
2) 1x 6s fewer wires/mess;
3) 2x3s means 3s batteries to run in other rigs if I want to (though keep them paired for charge/discharge);
4) if you have a cell failure, 2x3s means you only chuck one battery!

Just as a reminder for those of you running 2 3s, keep them matched and do not mix new and used batteries. If your batteries are 6 months old with 100s of runs on it and one dies you will still need to buy 2 new batteries.

Last edited:
Really? Why? I guess i'm still a noob at this lol.
Because lipo's degrade over time and use.
It's like Pamela Anderson now and 30 years ago. She looks similar but doesn't perform as well ;)
2x 3s batteries. GIVES YOU SOOO MUCH RUN TIME!
Not more than a similar 6S
I got 2x3s batteries because if one of them fails it is cheaper to replace. I might be wrong but I am pretty sure that the 6s will take longer to charge than 2x3s (if you have a dual charger). Also no cars are rated for 12s out of the box (some planes are) since I only do rc cars I am more likely to use a 3s in a smaller rc car.
No 2x3s or 1x6s with similar capacity charged at the same rate (say 1C) doesn't differ in charging time. And you can run 'm parallel in the Infraction so it's not 12s.
2x3 for bashing will get you longer run time. Or a monster 6s will cost $$.
Only if the 3s lipo's have more capacity. And 2x 3s is not cheaper than 1x 6S (equal brand, capacity and c-rating)

Last edited:
All good points. I went ahead and ordered 2x Spektrum G2 5000mAh 100C 3S.
Really bites that I had to purchase a serial to USB cable to update my S2100 smart charger in order to work with the new G2 lipos..
Horizon what happened to using USB A or USB C input.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back