2 2s lipos in series

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I recently had a rustler 4x4 vxl and i had a 6000mah 7.4v 60c lipo. Now it has been sold i have an arrma 4s kraton blx and im stuck running it on 3s i only have one pack. I was wondering can i buy another 6000mah 60c 7.4v of the same brand and run them in series? The pack i have is 2-3 months old i did not use it too much on my rustler 4x4

I recently had a rustler 4x4 vxl and i had a 6000mah 7.4v 60c lipo. Now it has been sold i have an arrma 4s kraton blx and im stuck running it on 3s i only have one pack. I was wondering can i buy another 6000mah 60c 7.4v of the same brand and run them in series? The pack i have is 2-3 months old i did not use it too much on my rustler 4x4
You’ll be fine as the battery isn’t worn out too much. If you have a multimeter you’ll be more than fine. Run the new battery strictly on the ground (negative) size of the esc, and the old battery strictly on the positive side. The new battery will have accelerated wear as it’s on the ground side. Check voltages after each run. When the new battery finally becomes equal to the old one in voltage, start rotating batteries after every run, you officially caught the new battery up to the old one’s usage. Buy a lipo alarm and stick it on the old battery because in the beginning the older lipo will sag a good .1 to .15 volts less than the new one, not good if you run until LVC. This gap will slowly close, and like I said, once this happens, rotate batteries every run.

Peeenuuut, you are a genius! Lol

Okay thank you but i was also thinking.., if one baterry goes poop the other one is also poop no?
In general, it's not recommended to pair a new battery with an old worn one.

I'm not wrapping my head around your original question though. You had a rustler you ran on 3S and now you have a kraton 4S and you want to buy a second 3S pack to run in series with your current 3S pack?

I'm just a bit confused what you currently have in regards to a pack after reading this:
i had a 6000mah 7.4v 60c lipo. Now it has been sold i have an arrma 4s kraton blx and im stuck running it on 3s

In general, it's not recommended to pair a new battery with an old worn one.

I'm not wrapping my head around your original question though. You had a rustler you ran on 3S and now you have a kraton 4S and you want to buy a second 3S pack to run in series with your current 3S pack?

I'm just a bit confused what you currently have in regards to a pack after reading this:
What im saying is if i run 2 2s lipos togueter when one goes bad the other one also is bad because i would not be able to pair it with a new 2s lipo

Then it better to get a 4s pack instead
If you have no use for 2S, then probably. It may matter as to what charger you have though as a 4S 6000mah pack requires about 90W to charge at 1C. If your charger is 2x50W and doesn't do port sharing or something, you won't be able to charge it at 1C.

I know you didn't mention your charger, or I didn't notice, but that comes into play more as you go up in cells per pack.

I already have a 2s i wanted to get another 2s to make 4s my first 2s is 2 months old. But if one of my 2s goes bad my other 2s becomes also useless because i wont be able to match it up with another 2s. And charger a friend wants to sell me is hitec ac/dc for 20$ can charge one lipo to 8 amps but idk.

THe identical 2s pack is out of stock:/ but anothe rbrand cells the same specs like the one i have. Can i buy it?
You’ll be fine as the battery isn’t worn out too much. If you have a multimeter you’ll be more than fine. Run the new battery strictly on the ground (negative) size of the esc, and the old battery strictly on the positive side. The new battery will have accelerated wear as it’s on the ground side. Check voltages after each run. When the new battery finally becomes equal to the old one in voltage, start rotating batteries after every run, you officially caught the new battery up to the old one’s usage. Buy a lipo alarm and stick it on the old battery because in the beginning the older lipo will sag a good .1 to .15 volts less than the new one, not good if you run until LVC. This gap will slowly close, and like I said, once this happens, rotate batteries every run.

No. They can possibly come from a different manufacturer, then you’re all out of wack. My suggestion was just something I’d do because I’m cheap LOL. If you got the cash for a 4 cell lipo, buy a 4 cell lipo.
THe identical 2s pack is out of stock:/ but anothe rbrand cells the same specs like the one i have. Can i buy it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back