2 3s batteries or 1 6s battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunner701

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I’m getting a 6s Typhon and I’m not sure if I should get 2 3s or 1 6s battery what do y’all suggest?

If you can fit it, two 3s. It’s usually cheaper to get two 3s LiPos than one 6s. Also, if a 3s dies, you can use the other in a 3s RC (if you have or get one).

Do you have other rigs that could be using these packs? Like if you have a 3s rig already stick with the 3s batteries to get dual use out of them

Multiple batteries doubles charge time if you don’t have a dual charger

I personally hate running dual packs just due the all the extra wiring and added weight

Normally you can find dual 3s cheaper than 6s

Do you have other rigs that could be using these packs? Like if you have a 3s rig already stick with the 3s batteries to get dual use out of them

Multiple batteries doubles charge time if you don’t have a dual charger

I personally hate running dual packs just due the all the extra wiring and added weight

Normally you can find dual 3s cheaper than 6s
My only other rig is the traxxas bandit and it runs 2s but I probably won’t be running that pos for a while. Lol

I usually prefer using dual 3s over a single 6 simply because I can run them in other rigs. However, you need to be aware of something...If you run dual batteries they need to be run together to maintain the same amount of cycles. You can use them across your other rigs, but if for instance you ran one in a 3s rig, you'd need to run both packs through in a session so you don't lose track of their cycles. If that sounds like a chore, then you should run a single 6s pack.

I have 3 3s cars and 1 6s. Unless you have lots of time or many chargers, it made more sense for me to get 6s.

My Typhon 6S doesn't fit dual 3S batteries unless they are short height wise (probably just soft packs) so I just run 6S in mine and even then the corner of the battery box rubs on the body and causes a dent. You can also adjust the rear body mounts up for more clearance by using only one screw or another 6S mount with a little taller height. I liked the dual 3S when I ran more of my 3S trucks at bashes as it gave me more options in battery use, depending on what I broke, but now I am more large scale 1/8th to 1/5th and the 3S trucks don't get used as much. Having only one connection is nice, especially in the Typhon because there isn't much room under the body like the other 6S trucks.
Enjoy your Typhon!
Hurricane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back