Senton 2-3s Lipo on SENTON ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
2017-01-27 19.02.05.jpg
Quick questions.. I bought 2 -- 3 s 4300 SMC racing lipos 40c 80 burst and im running them together .. first time tonight and its stupid fast.. does running both batteries just extend running time or bump it up to 6s power ? Also this thing is a dirt magnet I have cans of Power Shot rc car cleaner spray i used on my nitros .. can i use for this.. the can says safe for electronics etc.. so im assuming i can 5 min of running and its dirtier then anything.. thru leaves. I also want to know if the voltage shows 4.09 a and 12.2 v do i still need to recharge the batteries or balance them or leave em til they die.. ?

THanks ,
Schuey

You are basically running 6S because the connections are in series. Run time I do not believe you "extend" it since they are in said series set up so they are treated as 1 single 6S battery @ 4300 mAH. I have ran a single 3S pack, not sure if it is recommended (I only see 4S/ 1-4S OR 2- 2S/ 2-3S OR 1-6S in the "upgrade" speed sheet) though for a test run on my Typhon. It might kill a battery pack though doing this maybe.......not sure and I am not going to run it again that way anyway.
AFA the power shot...no clue, I used an air compressor and blow out most of the leaf and debris collection and give it a shower, once again to the air compressor to dry.
Re-charging batteries- Good question I would also like to know the answer myself. I have not had enough time to kill the batteries in a single run since it is cold and crappy here in the last week.

Found this looking around about running 1 3S battery, although Typhon it still applies to the Senton:
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/is-it-safe-to-run-a-single-3s-lipo-in-the-typhon.881/

Last edited:
You are basically running 6S because the connections are in series. Run time I do not believe you "extend" it since they are in said series set up so they are treated as 1 single 6S battery @ 4300 mAH. I have ran a single 3S pack, not sure if it is recommended (I only see 4S/ 1-4S OR 2- 2S/ 2-3S OR 1-6S in the "upgrade" speed sheet) though for a test run on my Typhon. It might kill a battery pack though doing this maybe.......not sure and I am not going to run it again that way anyway.
AFA the power shot...no clue, I used an air compressor and blow out most of the leaf and debris collection and give it a shower, once again to the air compressor to dry.
Re-charging batteries- Good question I would also like to know the answer myself. I have not had enough time to kill the batteries in a single run since it is cold and crappy here in the last week.

Found this looking around about running 1 3S battery, although Typhon it still applies to the Senton:
https://arrmaforum.com/threads/is-it-safe-to-run-a-single-3s-lipo-in-the-typhon.881/

I was told by people in another forum i belong to to never let rhe batteries die go get a lipo battery checker.. Venom Power dot com sell them for like 10 bucks you can hook them up to the balance cable and when the alarm sounds usually between 3.3 to 3.6 you know its time to recharge.. everything ive read says draining lipos kill them. This is what another person told me--You aren't supposed to run LiPO's until they die that's a good way to ruin the battery. The esc should have a voltage cut off in LIPO mode. 3.5/3.6V per cell is the minimum a cell should be discharged to.Most of us run those lipo checkers that do a super loud alarm that lets you know you hit the threshold.. these batteries are too pricey to burn up fast..

Im not sure what part of the world you are in but i feel ya on the cold..

Schuey

Ever since I got into RC I've always stopped the run when I noticed the performance to die down, I never let them run out completely to where the car won't move anymore. After I notice the Lipos are running out, I ALWAYS put them on storage mode afterwards, or whatever you want to call it. I haven't had a problem with the any of my Lipos yet, no swelling at all.

I was told by people in another forum i belong to to never let rhe batteries die go get a lipo battery checker.. Venom Power dot com sell them for like 10 bucks you can hook them up to the balance cable and when the alarm sounds usually between 3.3 to 3.6 you know its time to recharge.. everything ive read says draining lipos kill them. This is what another person told me--You aren't supposed to run LiPO's until they die that's a good way to ruin the battery. The esc should have a voltage cut off in LIPO mode. 3.5/3.6V per cell is the minimum a cell should be discharged to.Most of us run those lipo checkers that do a super loud alarm that lets you know you hit the threshold.. these batteries are too pricey to burn up fast..

Im not sure what part of the world you are in but i feel ya on the cold..

Schuey

I worded it wrong on the batteries, I do have the Venom battery checker like the one in your photo. I should have said: I have not been able to get in enough run time to set off the low voltage warning alarm. I agree on the cost!! Certainly wouldn't want to kill a battery because of improper use.

So far I know supports you´re esc 3s. But you have to change the settings of you´re Lipo-checker to 3s that it should work.

One more tip. Against the dirt.... check for dusty motors. The have covers to keep the dirt out of the chassis.
I use that stuff in my Patron 1:10 SC and my girlfriend in their Hot Hammer4. It works very well.

Regards,
lonee

I ran my Senton again today in actual daylight.. on my 2-3S lipos.. HOLY HELL.. it was fast.. i was running it on my country road i live on..Fastest Rc ive ever driven.. im just not used to that speed.. my god the kids of today have it made.. i never had anything this fast when i was growing up minus my real 70 Camaro :p . It is a dirt pickerupper.. which i really need to sort out.. my wife is already giving me the stink eye for dropping dirt in the hallway leading to my office.. and my office has a nice coating of dried mud and leaves now.. its a pain to clean having mobility issues.. i wonder if these things are waterproof can i just douse them under the shower to clean ? or car wash ? I about unloaded a full can of compressed air and my power shot cleaner on 2 runs so far.. and Whoa.. those tires don't hook up on tarmac.. the rear end SQUATS !
2017-01-28 14.12.05.jpg

Yes, 2/ 3S (6S) total is fasssssssttttttttttttt. I was shocked myself when I hit the trigger and it was goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. LOL

Waterproof electronics= Yes, as far as a car wash I would believe it's OK.(I've given it a bath in the shower too) I just wouldn't use the high pressure myself, I used ours at work to rinse mine off and blew it off with compressed air. WD-40 on the shafts and bearings and steering etc. etc. etc., then used oil to lube those parts back up. Runs fine for me!!!

I already changed out my tires for Pro-line Trenchers, hook up much better for a few quick shots across the road way is all I have done. Too cold here to run long though ~ 25-30*F today.

Yes, 2/ 3S (6S) total is fasssssssttttttttttttt. I was shocked myself when I hit the trigger and it was goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. LOL

Waterproof electronics= Yes, as far as a car wash I would believe it's OK.(I've given it a bath in the shower too) I just wouldn't use the high pressure myself, I used ours at work to rinse mine off and blew it off with compressed air. WD-40 on the shafts and bearings and steering etc. etc. etc., then used oil to lube those parts back up. Runs fine for me!!!

I already changed out my tires for Pro-line Trenchers, hook up much better for a few quick shots across the road way is all I have done. Too cold here to run long though ~ 25-30*F today.

I feel you on the cold.. it was 30 degrees in cincinnati today.. My fingers were frozen and i was ready to go in before the batteries got low.. I didnt clean it from todays run minus blowing compressed air on it.. i don't own a compressor.. maybe i can get a hobby compressor or one of those dust jackets for the senton.. all i ever see are the nero dust jackets..

I had an idea today to get me a 55 gal garbage can like what i have in my kitchen..( 4 adults 1 kid lives in my house ) and i figured i would take the lid into the shower and hose down the senton and let the mud fall into the lid and then let it dry and then throw it away.i have a septic system and tbh im not sure if i should be shooting dirt down my drain.. i would assume its fine since its going to break down faster then poo but im having it pumped this friday ill have to ask the guy for his opinion.

Thoughts ? and what did you use to make that or whats it from ? This is one of those times i wished my utility sink worked and wasnt broken..

TBH ive put my Senton on ice.. put lipos in storage mode.. 20 degrees is just too cold for my liking.. and then today we have a 58 degree day.. gotta love Ohio weather.. but ill be honest i just bought me a tmaxx 3.3 as well from Tower.. so i will be fiddling with that soon.. oh the punishment i like for nitro..

I really like the looks of those trenchers but im stuck.. i like the street tires that pro line makes as well.. and ill mainly run it in a school parking lot or maybe a ball field when it gets warmer.

Weather the same here, I'm west of you in IL. Thunderstorm early this AM though. I have placed mine in the pits too, itching to run a full battery pack one of these days LOL I want to go to the park up the street and run the snot out of it but like you, the weather in not cooperating!!!

Weather the same here, I'm west of you in IL. Thunderstorm early this AM though. I have placed mine in the pits too, itching to run a full battery pack one of these days LOL I want to go to the park up the street and run the snot out of it but like you, the weather in not cooperating!!!

Have you replaced your tires ? i bought some Pro Line street tires and whoa.. they are different then what im used too the front is smaller then the outer weird to me.. trying to find some Senton tire mounting videos but only on the monster trucks have i found them.I see all these ppl talking about taping tires and using belted tires.. crazy.. stuff.. we didnt do this in the 80s 90s..

Have you replaced your tires ? i bought some Pro Line street tires and whoa.. they are different then what im used too the front is smaller then the outer weird to me.. trying to find some Senton tire mounting videos but only on the monster trucks have i found them.I see all these ppl talking about taping tires and using belted tires.. crazy.. stuff.. we didnt do this in the 80s 90s..

Yeah I have changed them out to the Pro-line Trenchers, I stay off road for the most part.

Times are changing and we are old farts LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back