Kraton 2 3s or one 6s lipo battery?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 vs 1 lipo, I would always opt for a single 6S, just out of convenience and fewer things lying around.

Pro: Single 2S or 3 S cells, make sense if you have 2 or 3 S application (smaller rig etc.)
Cons: If using as a pair, you want to keep them as equal as possible all the time, same use same charge levels or the weaker one will be worn out a lot faster.

Spektrum 30C vs 100C, they both test at a real C of about 25 i.e. really makes no difference. They are on the lower end of the capability range while being at the top range for price. They make sense if you want less hassle. A lot better and cheaper options are available but are non-smart.

C-rating in general is a marketing tool more than anything else. Liperior and SMC are about the only ones that are starting to list true spec values. They almost went out of business as people want higher C values more than higher performance batteries.
I'd stay in the 5-6000mAh range, mainly due to weight. The lighter, the less mass that will cause damage during bad landings. For flat running use 6-7000mAh but you will need sufficient cooling.
Wow, thank you so much for that. I'll pick up the 7000mah with the 30c and try it out and use the gensacearespammers for jumping. Appreciate it

Few things....

1. C ratings are all bogus made up numbers. In general you want to buy higher C rated batteries where/when you can.

2. If budget is not an issue a single 6s pack is nice. (I like Turnigy Panther and Heavy Duty)

3. Ideally 5000 to 6000 mAh is best for lower weight. (less breakage on bad landings)

4. The long long term best for low cost would be 2 of the 3s packs. If one cell dies you are replacing 1 of the 3s packs instead of all 6 cells $$$. Also lower budget chargers handle 3s packs easier.

Few things....

1. C ratings are all bogus made up numbers. In general you want to buy higher C rated batteries where/when you can.

2. If budget is not an issue a single 6s pack is nice. (I like Turnigy Panther and Heavy Duty)

3. Ideally 5000 to 6000 mAh is best for lower weight. (less breakage on bad landings)

4. The long long term best for low cost would be 2 of the 3s packs. If one cell dies you are replacing 1 of the 3s packs instead of all 6 cells $$$. Also lower budget chargers handle 3s packs easier.
Thank you for your advice. Those C ratings are confusing with me being new to this stuff. I've got a spektrum S2100 so charging 2 6s's at the same time is ok I think.

Take into account that minimum recommended c-rating is 35C, per manual. Don't get the 30C and claim warranty etc, will probably be denied even though technically it's a minor difference.

I'm shopping for more batteries for my Kraton 6S BLX and wondered what you ended up getting and how happy you are with the choice? You had many of the same questions I have trying to figure out this battery stuff. Seems way too complicated to me and I'm no stranger to the complex LOL.

I've got the two 50C 3S Spektrum batteries that came in a kit with the charger. Like you I only have the 6S Kraton so I was thinking a single battery may be the way to go. I do like a couple of the SMART features on the Spektrum batteries I have but I'm not sure they're worth the 2.5x the cost of non smart Zees or something.

However, I'm not finding any 6S single packs in a hard case, which I kinda prefer for what these are. Maybe just paranoid. Buying a single 6S is about $20 more than buying 2 x 3S of the same battery so there's that as well, plus I guess you also have to carry the little adapter around to plug in to the second battery harness when not in use, so something to keep up with there.

Last edited:
SMC has 6s hard case; that's probably what I'd go with for my Kraton if I wasn't so cheap. I got two 3s Zeee hard case for about 2/3 the price of one 6s SMC. So far they've been pretty good.

I look at batteries as consumables so it's hard for me to spend a ton on them. SMC looks to be out of stock on the 6S hard case if it's the same one I looked at and the price point on the Zees to your point is pretty good.

Advise against hard packs, based on personal experience. I had wires getting cut at entry to the hard case, and you won't see any dirt or contamination if it gets wet. Softcase with a little duct tape on the outside is my go-to solution.

Check pricing, 2ea. SMC 3S was cheaper than dual Zeee if you go for the higher ratings. No competition between those 2, night and day in performance.

I'm shopping for more batteries for my Kraton 6S BLX and wondered what you ended up getting and how happy you are with the choice? You had many of the same questions I have trying to figure out this battery stuff. Seems way too complicated to me and I'm no stranger to the complex LOL.

I've got the two 50C 3S Spektrum batteries that came in a kit with the charger. Like you I only have the 6S Kraton so I was thinking a single battery may be the way to go. I do like a couple of the SMART features on the Spektrum batteries I have but I'm not sure they're worth the 2.5x the cost of non smart Zees or something.

However, I'm not finding any 6S single packs in a hard case, which I kinda prefer for what these are. Maybe just paranoid. Buying a single 6S is about $20 more than buying 2 x 3S of the same battery so there's that as well, plus I guess you also have to carry the little adapter around to plug in to the second battery harness when not in use, so something to keep up with there.
I went with a 7000mah 30c spektrum soft case. Now the whole reason I went with the spektrum 30c was for the smart battery level indicator lights and to compare to the higher c rating gensacearespammers. IDK how smart these things are because the battery level indicator lights on the radio didn't work and I haven't really had a chance to compare the batteries performance yet. It is convenient to just plug it into the charger and not have to do anything else, but I'd probably not get a spektrum battery again. Just my beginner thoughts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back