Typhon 2.8 Badlands for my Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Should I ditch the wheel extenders? Doesn’t seem like clearance would be an issue. This is with the wheel extenders:

B7CD4A63-4744-4D83-A2C1-8A151C651D55.jpeg
ABEDC336-36B7-4B70-9C14-09379743E07B.jpeg
AD8B8D99-F48F-4DAC-B0E7-717B4BF6F69B.jpeg

Extenders are required, I tried the same on my Typhon without and they will catch the body when turning under power and they balloon.

It makes a horrible noise when it does too :)
TT

edit: or are those Hot racing hubs actually Kraton hubs and axles? If so, then the extenders wouldn't be required.

Extenders are required, I tried the same on my Typhon without and they will catch the body when turning under power and they balloon.

It makes a horrible noise when it does too :)
TT

edit: or are those Hot racing hubs actually Kraton hubs and axles? If so, then the extenders wouldn't be required.

I have HR hubs on my Kraton and these are different. They are flat whereas the Kraton ones extend a bit. At one point the ones on my Typhon fit the Kraton, but it must have been V1. I actually ordered the ones on my Typhon for my Kraton in error and they did not fit. I never checked the cross reference on HR’s website.

ok if they are flat, then they are most likely the ones from Typhon, so then the extenders woudl probably be required.

TT

Well the Badlands are everything as advertised in the dirt and grass. They will actually strip the grass if I'm not careful. They do balloon a lot though. I'm going to use some fishing braid on the front tires and see how that helps. The Typhon is so frickin fast. It makes my Kraton seem slow.

Well the Badlands are everything as advertised in the dirt and grass. They will actually strip the grass if I'm not careful. They do balloon a lot though. I'm going to use some fishing braid on the front tires and see how that helps. The Typhon is so frickin fast. It makes my Kraton seem slow.
Change your diff fluids they will help the front tires from ballooning a lot. And braid them after if they still balloon alot

Change your diff fluids they will help the front tires from ballooning a lot. And braid them after if they still balloon alot

I decided to shim my diffs this morning so I went and changed the fluid. I had been running 30k in the center. Now it is 500k. I went with 100k in the front and 50k in the rear. It’s raining so I won’t be able to test it until tomorrow.

I decided to shim my diffs this morning so I went and changed the fluid. I had been running 30k in the center. Now it is 500k. I went with 100k in the front and 50k in the rear. It’s raining so I won’t be able to test it until tomorrow.
Have you run it yet???

Have you run it yet???

It’s rained every day since. I’m charging batteries now and I’m going to see how badly they ballon. I will report back in a bit.

8D3ADCCC-C06F-41C5-A40E-ABF4B194216D.png
I also use talion shocks on my typhon front are same size back are just little bit longer works great for bashing

Lol no must be the picture I have kraton front and rear same width front and back

Lol no must be the picture I have kraton front and rear same width front and back
okm was making sure before I ordered. I was looking at the Kraton/oucast and notice how much wider they were. Now did you have to change the axle stub, or not?

Yes you have to change them weel nuts everything you can order set from Jennys rc axle 30 bucks full set weel nuts 8 bucks full set and kraton or outcast hubs 14 full set or kraton 20 set some times there out of one or the other but jrc is cheap they also sell on eBay my typhon handles way better now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back