Senton 2.8 Badlands on stock Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEADWright

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Wanted to keep them under the body and didn't want to spend $$ on axles/hexes from another model. A little clearance work with a grinder on the hubs and the back of the wheels and all is good.

20170125_175003.jpg
20170125_182438.jpg
20170125_182422.jpg

Broke the stock bumpers,waiting on T Bone Racing replacements.

20170125_180049.jpg
20170125_180125.jpg
20170125_174756.jpg

Also needed taller Talion body mounts to get the body high enough.

Update: Senton is a blast with the 2.8s, but...didn't fare too well after it's first bashing. 3 hubs/steering blocks cracked.

Unrelated to the tires were 3 broken body mounts and both brand new T Bone bumpers.

Will post pics of hubs.

Are Kraton hubs stronger than the Sentons?

Yea, the Kraton V2 hubs have a bit of reinforcement built into the hub to deal with the extra width and larger wheels.

s-l225.jpg

Looks proper!!
I love the MX's on the Senton.

Here is mine with 2.8 Badlands. I used the TEKNO RC "orange" springs on it front/rear and trimmed the body. I also used the body posts from the Big Rock on it front/rear.

It's UNREAL. It gets the most attention when I run my RC's because of the way it looks. Kinda like a normal Senton...on meth AND steroids. :)

Attachments

• monstersenton.jpg
    monstersenton.jpg
    308.4 KB · Views: 342
DEADWright, you are absolutely correct, my bad. They are 3.8 Badlands. :)

Wanted to keep them under the body and didn't want to spend $$ on axles/hexes from another model. A little clearance work with a grinder on the hubs and the back of the wheels and all is good.

View attachment 5855 View attachment 5856 View attachment 5857

View attachment 5858 View attachment 5859 View attachment 5860

View attachment 5855 View attachment 5856 View attachment 5857

View attachment 5858 View attachment 5859 View attachment 5860
Damn, I need these wheels. Didnt know upgrading tires would be this tough with the Senton, haha.

What if you put a small 1/8 monster truck body (SWB) on it ? Would it look like a 1/10 or 1/9 scale monster truck ? How wide are yours now ?

Looks awesome! At least it helps keep some of the dirt out of the chassis pan too.
I have been thinking the same, my stock body has been so thrashed it's like floppy swiss cheese.

Here you go.
With the MX28's on, it's about 14in wide from outer tire sidewall to sidewall.
I think the Kraton hubs add about a half inch at each corner but I never measured it.
It seems very similar in proportions to the new proline mt 4x4.

upload_2018-1-4_22-11-5.png

Looks awesome! At least it helps keep some of the dirt out of the chassis pan too.
I have been thinking the same, my stock body has been so thrashed it's like floppy swiss cheese.

Thanks!
Well it kind of does...dirt always finds its way in.
I taped the entire inside of the old body and it really helps hold it together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back