2.8 Belted Tires for bashing with 6S vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elschizo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Just wanted to open a new threat on this particular topic. ( But would of course also be solutions on the 3/4S rigs)

Reason: Building a truggified typhon with 2.8 MT . Right now only Trenchers are available.
MX28 is the go to tire - but they balloon especially on 6S.

BUT:
Proline just teased new belted tires: MX28/MX38/MX43 on an instagram post
The MX38 belted are already on their website : https://www.prolineracing.com/tires/badlands-mx38-hp-3.8-all-terrain-belted-tires-mounted.asp

Specs not really available.

And Duratrax also has belted ones:
https://www.horizonhobby.com/Search...56095495&_bta_c=55zl7xgl73ptz35rpx6t2lfn21bae

Lets start a discussion. Somebody experiences with the duratrax or new infos on the MX28 belted?

Hi, i don't own 'm but the 2.8 belted Prolines were introduced june 2019.
Hit the search button on the top right of your screen and search for 'belted', check the box 'search titles only' and you will find a lot of info about these tires.
Have fun!

The belted Trenchers were released last year. Mx28 belted are on the verge of release.
These and the belted duratrax are the topic of this that.

I owned the 2.8 Belted Trenchers HP when they released them. They were heavy and didn’t grip on any surface I tested them on. The compound is too hard. Was like slicks on pavement. Good news is no traction rolling. ??‍♂️✌?

Thx and that's what I read. But standard mx28 should be good. We'll see how the belteds are.
Would really be interested if somebody got the 2.8 duratrax in belted version..

Thx and that's what I read. But standard mx28 should be good. We'll see how the belteds are.
Would really be interested if somebody got the 2.8 duratrax in belted version..
I own the non belted Badlands MX28s and love them for the 3S line. My guess is they are undersized for the larger 6S rigs. Maybe OK for a truggy Typhon or Senton.

I've owned Duratrax and Prolines. Have always been happy with the quality of the Prolines. I have a set of Trencher M38s but they don't get much use due to weight. They are 2oz heavier than the stock DBoots on my Kraton. I've had issues with all the Duratrax I've used on 6S. They were fine with 3S models but don't hold up with 6S nearly as well as Prolines. My $0.02.

I've owned Duratrax and Prolines. Have always been happy with the quality of the Prolines. I have a set of Trencher M38s but they don't get much use due to weight. They are 2oz heavier than the stock DBoots on my Kraton. I've had issues with all the Duratrax I've used on 6S. They were fine with 3S models but don't hold up with 6S nearly as well as Prolines. My $0.02.
Thx

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back