Typhon 2.86 X 4.87 Trencher Tires on Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RudyWasAGoonie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
A friend of mine gave me some Trencher tires size (2.86 X 4.87) They have a 17mm hex just like my Typhon. They almost fit perfect but rub just the tiniest bit on the steering block. I need the tires extended out no more than probably a 1/8" for them not to rub. I was thinking about trying hex hub extenders. Does anybody have suggestions or recommendations for this?
Thanks

Sorry, I had a typo in the subject. It's a typhon 6s. Does this still apply and is that all that is needed?
You will need to truggify your Typhon or simply buy some offset hexes. I have some cheap ones from Amazon that have worked well for over a year. Some will say these add strain to your bearings, which may be the case, but I haven’t ran into any issues so far on my Typhon.

17mm Hex Wheel Hubs Adapter Extensions (23mm) (Al.) w/Dust Cover for 1/8 RC Crawler (Red, Set of 4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXQ68MJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_vvfu4VFo7NK9y

E14B2948-106B-40EF-BEB2-ECB84723B63B.jpeg

You will need to truggify your Typhon or simply buy some offset hexes. I have some cheap ones from Amazon that have worked well for over a year. Some will say these add strain to your bearings, which may be the case, but I haven’t ran into any issues so far on my Typhon.

17mm Hex Wheel Hubs Adapter Extensions (23mm) (Al.) w/Dust Cover for 1/8 RC Crawler (Red, Set of 4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TXQ68MJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_vvfu4VFo7NK9y

View attachment 119367
Nice, and Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. Just ordered them!

I can attest to those. Ive used them on a few vehicles throughout the years. Most notably my mgt 8.0 I used 30mm extenders and Trenchers. She was super wide.

860142_10200654663679555_1262467852_o.jpg

Nice, and Thanks. That's what I'm looking for. Just ordered them!

View attachment 119367

View attachment 119367
Hey, So I got the item that you sent the amazon link for and I have a couple questions. Where do the rubber gaskets go? My original hex hubs didn't have that. Also, was there a need to shim these? They feel like there is some wiggle room when the original hex hubs do not.

Hey, So I got the item that you sent the amazon link for and I have a couple questions. Where do the rubber gaskets go? My original hex hubs didn't have that. Also, was there a need to shim these? They feel like there is some wiggle room when the original hex hubs do not.
They simply hold the pin in the hex until you put the grub screw in.

image.jpg

Ive used those a few times They are good aside from the o'ring will fly off eventually and your tire will go rolling. I modded a clip on them. Just like the o ring on the HR Center Spool flys off. I shimmed one of my sets after a few runs it had some slop, the other set never needed it.

I just got some Belted trenchers yesterday for my Notty. I love em.

20210119_185416.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back