Typhon 2.8badlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Had too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.7 KB · Views: 187
Would the 3.8 be better to keep from ballooning? Seems a little less area would help it a bit.

Would the 3.8 be better to keep from ballooning? Seems a little less area would help it a bit.
I’m not to sure about 3.8 my 2.8 ballooned I think 3.8 would look like a frisbee, I’m running them on 6s I heard folks running 4s with them and not ballooning as bad.

My shop dude is ordering me some traxxas xo1 17mm he said they better then grp tires idk but yeah I’m getting those no balloning

I don’t do speed runs just little street fun so xo1 will be better for what I do

I’m not to sure about 3.8 my 2.8 ballooned I think 3.8 would look like a frisbee, I’m running them on 6s I heard folks running 4s with them and not ballooning as bad.

My shop dude is ordering me some traxxas xo1 17mm he said they better then grp tires idk but yeah I’m getting those no balloning

I don’t do speed runs just little street fun so xo1 will be better for what I do
The 3.8's will have a larger rim so less sidewall rubber I am assuming. I would think that would be less ballooning.

Did you use extenders to run the 2.8’s? I think 3.8’s would look funny on a Typhon.

The 3.8's will have a larger rim so less sidewall rubber I am assuming. I would think that would be less ballooning.
No . . .
The regular 3.8s balloon quite a bit too & are a bit too large for the Typhon.

I run these on my truggafied Typhon too and I love em. Just use fish line and they don't balloon and handle great. I have the badlands as well but in my opinion they look a little too big with the body I have on it.

I have 2.8's on my Granite and the ballooning is just ridiculous ????

It will be insane on your 6s Typhon..!!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 12.54.47.jpeg
    Screenshot 2019-04-20 at 12.54.47.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 36
How I mean tires don’t rub at all after 10 minutes of run time, my badlands and proline primes have no rub. They rotate just fine

I did order hex extenders and whole new hot racing front and rear ends this set up was for fun till parts came in
Do a backflip off a jump. They will balloon and hit the body. Even turning at speed they will. They did when I tried it.

Hotshot24 said fishing line on tires and you good no ?? I’ll try that

There are several YouTube videos but here is a pic. I also have a set that I gorilla taped the inside before I mounted them, but i prefer the fish line.

Attachments

• 20190420_160431.jpg
    20190420_160431.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190420_160513.jpg
    20190420_160513.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 33
There are several YouTube videos but here is a pic. I also have a set that I gorilla taped the inside before I mounted them, but i prefer the fish line.

Use super glue every once in a while and wrap the fishing line 3 times around. The super glue will hold the 3 strands together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back