Typhon 2.8badlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My badlands are premounted, I’m going to look how to unmount them. Did your tires come with foam inserts

Yes, mine had foam inserts. I use the heat gun method to unmount the tires from the rims. Also, of you use gorilla tape be sure everything is done perfectly even. If too much tape (weight) is on one side of the tire it will wobble. In other words don't overlap the gorilla tape.

I am installing kraton axles, hubs and hexes, That will extend them far enough to clear

Why do you think they would look funny?

Do they look funny? I use extensions. Even when I switch back to standard buggy tires I leave the extensions on.

I understand it's no longer a Typhon or buggy for that matter. It's fun mods only.
I've kept it buggy as the standard and I'm fine with it. I understand that just because we can doesn't mean we should. ;)
I much prefer it on the street because I have too many dirt runners. But the Typhon can dirt too and keep me happy.

Do they look funny? I use extensions. Even when I switch back to standard buggy tires I leave the extensions on.

View attachment 36049
Yes. To me it does. I think those tires are way too big. Can the chassis even touch the ground in full compression?

Yes, mine had foam inserts. I use the heat gun method to unmount the tires from the rims. Also, of you use gorilla tape be sure everything is done perfectly even. If too much tape (weight) is on one side of the tire it will wobble. In other words don't overlap the gorilla tape.
Winder if a hair dryer gives off enough heat ?

It is the same chassis as an outcast. Just a smaller body so it looks different.
Yeah that and the arm are waaaaaaay shorter on a Typhon. And smaller shock towers and shocks.

I'm going to give it a try and see how I like it. I hear the Typhon is an animal Truggified
Really fun! I added some extensions so I can change on a whim but mostly keep it a buggy now days. I haven't strapped my 2.8 badlands yet so I'm scared to ruin em on my Typhon with speed pinion.

Really fun! I added some extensions so I can change on a whim but mostly keep it a buggy now days. I haven't strapped my 2.8 badlands yet so I'm scared to ruin em on my Typhon with speed pinion.
I would be too worried about the heat to bring the pinion up. Especially with Summer closing in here in Arizona. If I don't like it, it is easy enough to put back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back