2 months waiting for one part

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Today I realized why so many people told me not to buy arrma And buy traxxas. 2 months and my local dealer still waiting for the one part I need to arrive.

One spur gear toast and the car just sits on the desk. sexiest most expensive paper weight I’ve ever bought. Going to sell it as soon as the part arrives and move to traxxas.

One part breaks on my traxxas and my trucks up and running within 1-3 days max.

Local dealer. But this situation made me realize what so many YouTube reviewers kept saying/warning users about buying this brand. Waiting for parts compared to traxxas was long. I expected maybe 1-2 weeks max but this is ridiculous.

The problem you will have when you "switch" is although the parts for Traxsjdfjtjfifd apologies i cant even bring myself to say it, will be plentiful as per your lhs you will be there almost everytime you put a pack through it, stick with the arrma and use the bay,jennys,etc to stock up on consumables that you might need to avoid this situation happening to you again
Good luck

'So many youtube users Lied to you....
Impossible!

Youtubers are my number 1 "go to" source of information, specifically for honest and unbiased opinions.

I hope you all caught the sarcasm in my post...
Local dealer. But this situation made me realize what so many YouTube reviewers kept saying/warning users about buying this brand. Waiting for parts compared to traxxas was long. I expected maybe 1-2 weeks max but this is ridiculous.

I tried to buy things from my local hobby shop but all they carry are trains and traxxass so I hardly ever go in there. Nice guys but if they don't support my brands I can't really give them my business.

It's not Arrmas fault that shops who sell traxxass won't also carry Arrma parts.

Horizon and Amazon send me anything I need straight to my house so I'm pretty well covered, I know this is what puts the local shops out of business but I can't buy parts from them if they don't carry 'em.

Last edited:
Impossible!

Youtubers are my number 1 "go to" source of information, specifically for honest and unbiased opinions.

I hope you all caught the sarcasm in my post...

I tried to buy things from my local hobby shop but all they carry are trains and traxxass so I hardly ever go in there. Nice guys but if they don't support my brands I can't really give them my business.

It's not Arrmas fault that shops who sell traxxass won't also carry Arrma parts.

Horizon and Amazon send me anything I need straight to my house so I'm pretty well covered, I know this is what puts the local shops out of business but I can't buy parts from them if they don't carry 'em.
This^ it’s alot like a coke vs Pepsi deal... carry one or the other.

Today I realized why so many people told me not to buy arrma And buy traxxas. 2 months and my local dealer still waiting for the one part I need to arrive.

One spur gear toast and the car just sits on the desk. sexiest most expensive paper weight I’ve ever bought. Going to sell it as soon as the part arrives and move to traxxas.

One part breaks on my traxxas and my trucks up and running within 1-3 days max.

Not arrmas fault your local hobby shop is slacking, maybe they are going under and cant afford the replacement spur... lol...

But crap man, why in the world would you wait 2 months for a spur gear? Took you 2 minutes to come on here and gripe about it.. I'd bet it would have only took you 2 mins 2 months ago to order a spur on that silly thing you typed all this out on... ?‍♂️

So, what arrma does this mysterious spur mount on anyway? Maybe a 10 year old discontinued rig?

I live not far from @WTF MIKE, and like he said, not that hard to get parts when we need it. Please understand that we're talking about Canada, where rc's are not nearly as popular as they are in the US and other parts of the world. So if a bunch of guys north of the 49th parallel can get parts easily, not sure how others couldn't do the same. Horizon Hobby ships parts to our local hobby stores weekly, so order today, parts here in no time. If your hobby shop carries Arrma, they can get parts the same way. Maybe it's time you spoke to the owners about why they aren't willing to get you what you need instead of bashing the brand. Oh, and they all break, even the ones that start with T and end in a$$.

Last edited:
2 months? Come on man, if you REALLY were itching to drive it you could have taken care of it yourself after say the 1st month? We all have the internet and know how it works. Pretty sure your LHS has some d-baggery going on if this is a true story.

Go away troll boy, hell anyone on here could have and would have sent you a spur if things were really that bad and you mentioned it.
Stop being difficult just because you want to be a fanboy of the name that shall not be mentioned and go away.

Two months waiting on a part is bull$hit. You could have sourced those parts in a week with some research. I ordered a soldering station and battery charger that rode the slow boat from China and it only took three weeks. Needless to say but @Sash spend your money however you want if you want to sell your arrma someone will buy it. When it comes to buying rc for me its Arrma all the way. I used to be a traxass fan I had 6 of them. Last year I bought my first Arrma and now I have three badass Arrma rigs and all my traxass sh!t is sold. I'm an Arrma fan and proud of it (y)

I call bullsh!t on this kid. Strange how he has just 2 posts to his name AND that he cannot give the part number he order and for which vehicle. Shady AF if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back