Raider 2 questions about my Raider mega xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorberus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Raider
  3. Typhon 6s
1. Does anyone know if there are adjustable rods for toe and camber available? I noticed that on the front right wheel (If your looking at it from the front) it is turning to the right when the left wheel is straight, and wanted to try and get this aligned so it doesn't drift to the side when im trying to go straight.

2. Anyone have a recommended LED set they would use for head lights and tail lights? (i drive at night mainly cuz i come home from work late.) It came with a set installed but sometimes they just don't work, but when they do they look really nice. Front head light's break lights, and even front and rear turn signals. (Not like im going to be driving on the highway lol) I noticed the LED's have this little box that looks like it has the servo and throttle going to it? I don't lose the ability to drive the car just the lights so idk whats going on there. Any and all help/tip would be appreciated! Thank you and have a nice day.

Rear lights
image0.jpg

Head Lights
image1.jpg

As far as your steering, I would set steering trim better so it wont drift to the L or R. What you are describing is some Toe "out", and that is due to the fixed link design and not adjustable. You can try to source links and rod ends and start over.
Play with your steering trim first. That should work.(y)
With the lights, I would power off the Rx. LED kits are universal for the most part. and creativity goes a long way. I am using a "My Trick RC" 2 inch light bar at the front of my Noto. , Kraton 6'S's and my Tekno MT. It is very bright and powers fine from an open Batt. port on my Rx. The light bar is very strong and has taken many hits. Just watch how and where you mount lights so it gets the least amount of impacts. Leave some slack in the wiring so impacts wont pull on them. LED's rarely burn out. It is the soldered connections that usually fail at the lights or somewhere else. Good luck. :)

Last edited:
As far as your steering, I would set steering trim better so it wont drift to the L or R. What you are describing is some Toe "out", and that is due to the fixed link design and not adjustable. You can try to source links and rod ends and start over.
Play with your steering trim first. That should work.(y)
With the lights, I would power off the Rx. LED kits are universal for the most part. and creativity goes a long way. I am using a "My Trick RC" 2 inch light bar at the front of my Noto. , Kraton 6'S's and my Tekno MT. It is very bright and powers fine from an open Batt. port on my Rx. The light bar is very strong and has taken many hits. Just watch how and where you mount lights so it gets the least amount of impacts. Leave some slack in the wiring so impacts wont pull on them. LED's rarely burn out. It is the soldered connections that usually fail at the lights or somewhere else. Good luck. :)
I played with the trim and it’s a lot better but still slightly turns to the side when I just hold the throttle down for straight runs. (A whole lot better and I no longer feel the need to baby the steering)

I started pulling apart the whole wireing set up (Oh man there’s a boat load of wires here lol [will post some pictures when I get home]). The way this set up look is it has the steering and throttle passes through to a black box for the LEDs and back to the Rx. It uses the tiny white plugs so I figured I would try and make my own y or w wire so I can plug them into the bat port like you have yours.

Last edited:
BTW, nice looking Raider.(y)
Thank you, this is what I got to work with lol. Prob gonna shorten cables so it’s not like vines on a Victorian century home ?
4CB8FAB3-64F0-49AF-AC4E-3A04E5D52133.jpeg

Last edited:
I stuffed most of my wires in the box. Do you add more lights? I have both the raider and blx, the blx has adjustable toe rods and the raider does not. Just got some adjustable ones, check the manual and get the adjustable parts, it's like $10 for both rod ends and toe rods.

Last edited:
Hi

Try looking for parts for the Raider XL BLX, it came with adjustable upper A-Arms and a adjustable steering rods. Another thing to keep an eye on is the steering bellcrank, the upper pin holes that hold the bellkrank in place WILL deform, and when that happens you will not be able to get the car to drive strait, no matter how much adjusting you do. I had to do alot of moding to my XL to fix all of the steering problems it had. I have a post showing how I modified my XL's steering.

Hi

Try looking for parts for the Raider XL BLX, it came with adjustable upper A-Arms and a adjustable steering rods. Another thing to keep an eye on is the steering bellcrank, the upper pin holes that hold the bellkrank in place WILL deform, and when that happens you will not be able to get the car to drive strait, no matter how much adjusting you do. I had to do alot of moding to my XL to fix all of the steering problems it had. I have a post showing how I modified my XL's steering.
Man i haven't been on the fourm in a while. Ya i see that now on my current part. luckly i have an extra one in a baggie that the seller sent me. unfortunately i haven't been driving my raider around due my steering rod snapping all the time (it snapped 3 times in the exact same spot on the threads) so i stopped driving it for the time being till i could find some better replacments for the SR. If you have any sugestions they are very much welcomed. I was looking to buy a 4th one and take it to a shop to make me a few out of steel in hopes that they last longer than arrma's standard one. On another note, i ended up buying a Arrma typhon 6S on ebay to play around with. Looked like a good deal to me! (Typhon 6s)

Hi

Hey, so today i ended up "making" my own temp steering pin so i could at least drive the raider. I took a stainless steel screw from one of my RC SCREWZ kits and cutting it to size with a dremel. top end i left flat and on the bottom end i cut a flat head for when i need to remove it. Used some washers and a nut (like the standard method besides the washers) to help hold the spring in place. I have another nut at the top end where the fitted part of the steering post would sit to keep it in place (i used red loctite to lock it down) The size of the screw was a perfect fit for the plastic holes in the top and bottom retainers. While ik its not a perfect fix a part of me hopes this lasts longer than the aluminum steering posts that arrma make. (I am using a Hot Racing bell crank so idk if that changes anything)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back