2 very fast Questions About Hydro Dipping RC Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonigan

Reaction score
Random Freestyle.

No Cool Skulls or Motives first time.

I just want try this on couple new Bodys for fun.

Questions

1: What is Ideal water temprature? I can boil water no-problem. I want the ideal best temp ?????
2: What Spray Colors they use? LEXAN normal spray for RC Lexan Bodies? Or do they do random color for real Cars? I have noticed they use in videos HUGE NORMAL Size Spray Cans. Never the smal RC LEXAN Size Cans.

This is why i need ask thiS.

im done reading and see videos now.
i NEED try this SOON.

I never got any info about IDEAL BEST TEMPRATURE IN WATER
and what EXACT type of Spay Color type they Use for LEXAN BODYS

There are loads of videos on YT that make it look easy but what works well for some hydro dip prints wont necessarily work for all of them. Takes a lot of experimentation... trial and error for a good dip, you need good quality prints and spray and you need to test with junk like crazy before attempting it on the desired object.

Its probably more cost effective getting a pro to do it unless you are really keen on learning it for yourself.

And don't forget that the steps are reversed when you're dipping the inside of an RC body whereas 99.9% of hydrodipping is intended for the outside of an object. Mitigating trapped pockets of air and how you enter the water while holding the body are major factor as well.
Every professional starts out as an amateur so don't be discouraged.
It's really not that difficult once you understand how it all works.

If that's the look someone's going for it would be easier to just prop the body up against a tree and sling a bunch of different color paint at it. The finished product will be about the same.

Are you doing the inside or outside? Inside is best... and you can still use your window masks as normal.

That being said, if youre doing something random... maybe try doing one color at a time to have more control and less mixing effect.

Then you can back the whole thing up with a solid color to fill in the gaps and seal the whole thing.

i will try do Hillbilly hydro dip first time, with two different colors.

Both Bodys is new ones, cheap lexan bodys.
I let the new cover sit outside.
Then dip in fingerwarm water with two colors
See what Happens.

After that i need buy more 10dollar cheap lexan bodys and try make something better with film that i spray also.

Lexan body spray paint right?

tHE airbrush colors is waterbased, they don't work ?
Maybe you can get them work if you mix alcohol or something in there also?

i Will try couple times my self.
If i cant handle this, i must contact some pro .

Is there any Pro in EU?
Next summer i need super cool bodys with skulls and things .
Hehe

thank you all for helping here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back