Talion 2 week old Arrma Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmcdade0003

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I got the Talion about 2 weeks ago. I'm struggling to like this car one bit. I'm used to driving the Typhon so I'm used to way better handling. The front of the Talion nose dives every jump, it does this wiggle thing at high speeds.....so my question is, what do you all like about it so I can try to find some reason to keep it.

So I got the Talion about 2 weeks ago. I'm struggling to like this car one bit. I'm used to driving the Typhon so I'm used to way better handling. The front of the Talion nose dives every jump, it does this wiggle thing at high speeds.....so my question is, what do you all like about it so I can try to find some reason to keep it.
Turn down ur avc and it won't wiggle anymore at high speeds. And the tires are belted so they don't balloon witch I kinda need to help bring the front end back up. I run backflip lps when jumping

Have you tuned the diffs and suspension on the Talion? The LSD EXB diffs are going to behave differently than the standard diffs in the Typhon.

Have you tuned the diffs and suspension on the Talion? The LSD EXB diffs are going to behave differently than the standard diffs in the Typhon.
I haven't done anything to it yet. The main issue I'm having is it wiggles at high speeds and it nose dives on jumps. I have Backflip 4s tires on it

This is interesting as the talion is my easiest rig to jump. I think maybe you need to adjust the way you jump as not every rig is the same. I have to do air correction on both rigs off the ramp. Also don't have the wobble problem but I don't use spektrum radio with avc.

I haven't done anything to it yet. The main issue I'm having is it wiggles at high speeds and it nose dives on jumps. I have Backflip 4s tires on it

If it's not AVC as mentioned above, have you taken off the wheels and re-mounted them? Sometimes they really torque them on at the factory and it distorts the plastic. Take care making sure they're flat on the hex and not overtightened.

Turn avc off, set your punch to max and rotate your wheels. Make sure they're on all the way on the hex before you tighten.

While the wheels are off check your pillow balls make sure they aren't loose. They should be just tight enough to allow the arm and hub carriers to move freely but no looser than that. Any rattling is too loose and will cause wobble.

If you have any rc's with the clip on ride height adjusters you can clip the thin one on your servo saver at the bellcrank to tighten your spring. Stock rtr servos are weak regardless of manufacturer so this may shorten the life of it fyi.

As long as all your fasteners are secure one of these things should settle your wobble as long as your wheels or bearings aren't screwed up.

As far as jumping goes it's not going to stunt like a short wheel base truck but with backflip LPs on you should be able to at the very least level the vehicle mid air without difficulty with the stock electronics.

It's nose diving off jumps because there is too much rear droop (how I fixed mine, jumps beautiful now)

Make sure left and right sides are identical (front and back can be different). Then take out a quarter turn off each side evenly and jump again until you like it.

I turn the AVC right off (uninstalled now) but you want it almost at its minimum setting, if on at all. Like 10%-15%. More advanced radios can adjust it with more precision/options. I binned it and just moved to a Futaba T10PX

Those are my suggestions based on not having the car in front of me
If it's not AVC as mentioned above, have you taken off the wheels and re-mounted them? Sometimes they really torque them on at the factory and it distorts the plastic. Take care making sure they're flat on the hex and not overtightened.
They are directional as well (that's for katars, op said he's on backflips now though)
While the wheels are off check your pillow balls make sure they aren't loose. They should be just tight enough to allow the arm and hub carriers to move freely but no looser than that. Any rattling is too loose and will cause wobble.
Graphite on the pillow balls does WONDERS

A good jumping car and good handling car at a bit at odds with eachother. You have to give up on one a bit to be really good at the other.

Go all out on both and you suck at both

Last edited:
Yup, it's all in the setup and you being new to the rig, not trying to be offensive. They have to be dialed in and out of the box the setup is just bad.
Also, you have to use the throttle while in the air.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back